31 : shower and hair

Everleigh

After the whole disaster at our old school, Sasha ended up taking me back to his place. We barely said a word to each other as he dropped me off and drove away like there was some emergency taking place.

I didn't want to stress or worry, so I busied myself with deep cleaning his apartment. He was already a pretty clean guy, but everyone needed a good deep cleaning every now and then. I even went as far as organizing his clothes more. I decided to put more of my clothes away seeing as I might end up living with him for a while.

Much to my dismay, as I was putting more of my clothes away, I could hear the sound of the doorbell chime. It was unlike most doorbells where it would need someone to press the button for the doorbell to ring. As long as it detected a human body, it was bound to go off. My eyes narrowed as I pulled my phone out of my side pocket to check the time. It was roughly 2am--a good time for Sasha to be heading back in.

Suddenly, the door creaked open very softly. 

"Sasha?" I wondered out loud. Usually, he would respond, knowing that I had a fear of being home alone during an invasion. 

When I got no response, my heart dropped to the floor as I peeked my head out of the closet, staring at Sasha's bedroom door, hoping it would not open. Then, I could hear a loud thud. Flinching back, I instinctively grabbed the first thing I could find that easily could be used as a weapon. I found myself reaching for a high heel.

If I found something better along the way, I was going to swap it out. For now, the best thing I could do was use the high heel for defense. At least I wasn't going down without some type of fight. Slowly, I tip-toed into the bedroom, holding the high heel right by ear, ready to launch it at the first sign of distress. 

I bit down on my lip as I opened the bedroom door, mentally praying that it wouldn't make a sound. Luckily for me, it was quiet as a mouse. The living room and kitchen were both dark, it was hard to make anything out other than the groan of pain. 

The groan sounded a lot like... "Sasha?"

I turned on the light to find the front door was only slightly ajar, and Sasha laid on the floor with blood everywhere on his body. It looked like a scene from a horror film.

"Oh, my god!" I exclaimed. 

Quickly, I threw myself down beside him just to make sure he was even still alive. I could see his chest rising and falling. I used all my strength to turn him onto his back where I could see cuts not only above his eyebrows, but at the bottom of his lip and all over his body.

"Leave me alone. I just want to go to sleep," he murmured incoherently. "And what the fuck are you going to do with a heel, Everleigh? I expected better."

"What the fuck happened?" I yelled. 

I threw the high heel at him but not with much force. Getting up, I slammed the door shut and locked it before glaring down at him. His shirt was all torn up and his shorts were the only article of clothing that hadn't been completely demolished.

"Help me up." He groaned. 

I reached out my hand for him to take. He was slow to grab ahold of my hand and pull himself up, so he was at least sitting up. Bending down to be eye-leveled with him, I wrapped my arms around him just underneath his armpit. It took all the strength I could muster to get him up. He definitely assisted as best as he could. Once I got him up, he was towering over me like the giant he was. 

Sasha practically limped into the bathroom while putting as much weight as I could bare on me. I closed the lid of the toilet and sat him down. 

As I was cleaning, I had noticed the first aid kit underneath the sink.