Chapter 17

Authors note:
Well I couldn't let a whole month pass without updating even if my schedule is tight 😭 any hoodoo how are y'alll?????

"The beach is a lost cause!," Nao whined throwing her body onto her bed . They were currently in Nao's room discussing all the information they had gathered about the beach and sadly there was nothing to be shared aside from aliens putting chips into their skulls or the city turning into a jungle which was highly going to happen sooner or later due to lack of maintenance . "Come on , you guys should know something," Karube huffed glaring at the dread lock and blond duo . "We know that if you guys get caught snooping it will be over for you ," Kuina replied biting her faux cigarette. "Plus we already have a plan of our own".

"My gut is telling me not to hear it", Nao replied drawing a chuckle from Kuina. "And we are planning on including you guys", Kuina continued eyes flickering to everyone's face . "What's the plan?",Arisu blurted . "It doesn't matter with Chishiya it's a certified brutal plan", Usagi chimed in waving her hands in a franzy as a way of dismissing the whole idea. "What makes you say that?", Chishiya tilted his head . "Your behaviour ", Usagi answered casting a side glance to the short blond.

"Should I be offended?", Chishiya smirked ."We don't know man take it as you want", Nao quickly chimed in sensing this conversation is about to dive into dangerous waters . "As we were saying we do not want to be a part of whatever scheme you are plotting unless", Nao continued eyes drifting between Chishiya and Kuina pausing her sentence for the dramatic effect . "You tell us who Is the scapegoat ".

The air suddenly chilled freezing and suffocating those in the room except Chishiya who wore his day to day grin ."There is none", The chishiya cat grinned even wider cunning eyes examining Nao . "If there is none let us help you find one ".

Now this shook others out of their trance all snapping their heads to look at Nao as if she just mentioned killing a newborn. "What?", Nao shrugged rising her hands up "WHAT!? did you literally say what!? You want us to kill someone ", Usagi scoffed Karube humming in agreement with Usagi adding his own lines of support.  "Not kill", Nao corrected unsure of her own words "just put in an unfortunate situation for just a few minutes for the greater good".

"The greater good being who exactly?", Arisu questioned tone laced with sarcasm and disappointment  .
"Well, that certainly got you all riled up!", Nao replied . "No need to be snappy about it ... it was a suggestion ," Nao mumbled lowering hee head.

"Oh, lighten up!", Kuina  blurted turning to the group . Karube's eyes narrowed even further."Why don't we start by asking the obvious question?", Usagi suggested. Arisu glanced toward Usagi, hoping the brunnette had a clever angle to take on this conversation. "What exactly is your plan?", Usagi asked.

Chishiya paused for a few seconds, his expression unchanging. Then, he broke his silence with a grin. "Does it matter?" He turned, stepping past Usagi and Arisu to walk towards the open bedroom door. "I have a hunch you already know what it is!" he taunted.

Chishiya placed his hand on the white door handle of Nao's room as he continued talking while staring at the angry girl with a smirk on his face. "If you truly knew the end goal, you'd agree with my plans."

"Chishiya?", Arisu whispered moving slowly towards him . "Is this why you continued talking to me?", Arisu continued a twinge of hurt evident in his tone as he gazed into the brown eyes which shone indifference. "What ever do you mean Arisu?", Chishiya smirked quirking his eyebrow. "Chishiya you never reconnect with people ", Arisu scoffed. "Well then you have your answer already", Chishiya smirked eyes drifting to the raven haired's fingers which currently enclosed his wrist. 

Following his line of sight Arisu let go of the blond's wrist his palms getting clammy due to the embarrassment. Just how long had they been in that position?  even in front if their friends and when did he reach out to grab him?

" Now ", Chishiya coughed out grasping Arisu's attention once again  ." I'm gonna ask you a question and your answer will determine our current situation" .

The silence stretched on for what felt like an eternity. Arisu was frozen in place, his face torn with conflicting emotions. Chishya continued smiling at him, almost as if he was taunting Arisu to answer him.

Chishiya's lips curved into a smirk as he raised an eyebrow. "What are you willing to sacrifice in order to survive this situation?"

Arisu's eyes widened in disbelief, but before he could respond Chishiya cut him off. "Don't take it personal, Arisu," the cat-like boy said with a chuckle. "I've been planning this for a while now. The others are aware of the situation, at least others meaning Kuina ."

"Fine," Arisu growled, his fists clenching at his sides. "What do you want me to sacrifice?"

Chishiya's smirk disappeared, but his expression remained unchanged. "You already know the answer," he whispered.

Arisu remained silent as he considered his options. He slowly lowered his head, his expression pained. He couldn't believe the cat-like boy would do something like this.

Chishiya let out a low chuckle, taking a step forward toward the raven-haired boy. He glanced down at Arisu with a smirk on his face. "What will it be?".

Authors note :

what the hell is this shortie trying to say????😔