A Dragon And A Witch Walk Into A Bar

Part 9 out of 9

"Stupid guards!" A young thief smirked to themselves as they ran through the streets ignoring the girl's cries behind them. Their cape covered the small figure allowing the girls behind them to lose sight of them in the bubbling crowd.  They bounced around the crowd not caring who they knocked into having their delectable bag of sweets in hand. They stopped seeing a clear out of the festival and started running again. Apart from the fact that they weren't going anywhere. Confused they looked down to see violet sparkles covering their legs as they spun their legs in the air. The people around them shared no concern as their cape fell to the floor revealing the figure of a child frantically looking around. 

"I don't think that's yours." Their gaze turned to an alleyway where the sheriff stood hand in a fist as violet dust covered it. He slowly walked towards them taking the bag of sweets from their grip and attached it to his belt. "Now find somewhere else to get a snack from. I heard there's a game at the bottom of Chromia where if you hit all three targets you win a prize." Jimmy gestured down to the dagger held in the child's belt. The child looked up and nodded. Jimmy moved them upright and clicked. They dropped to the ground and turned around a grateful smile on their face as they sprinted towards the entrance of Chromia. 

Jimmy leaned against the brick house admiring the Chromian streets.A festival was put on in remembrance of the dragon that soared through the sky which is rare to see in current days. But in actuality any excuse for a festival to be thrown would make the colourful people happy. The streets held banners showing the beast in many colourful forms as stalls were set up. Children's games such as hook the dragon and guess the amount of scales in a pot were decorated about. Bunting decorated the streets with hand-drawn pictures of the dragon and some included a small dot riding on top of the beast. Children and adults alike partake with costumes from princesses and soldiers to the mighty dragon themselves. Face painting stalls and music with tales of the past dragon's adventures were told through sheet music dedicated to tell what they believe was their truth of the dragon's visit. Bringing good luck, dawn of a new time and many other theories. The leader of Chromia himself was spotted announcing the dragon himself where the costume of a large dragon appeared being puppeteered as silk like fire came from it's mouth leaning down tickling the villagers faces as they awed at the creature. Jimmy smiled at the sight before two small figures were running towards him. 

"Sheriff!"  His dress was now a darker green to match the theme of the dragon but his witch hat now held the proper pin of his sheriff badge and was shrunk down to make it more manageable to get around. He wore long black boots hidden as the front of the dress was cut until it met his knee keeping the back of his legs covered. He had pace paint on showing green scales painted by Katherine herself making sure Jimmy's outfit was appropriate to go into the festival. Jimmy was thankful for this dress-up making it easier to blend into the crowd of colourful people. His hair was braided and was tied up at the end by a flower made with Katherine's sowing skills combining a flower of blue and green to make a multicoloured rose which kept his hair together. The small figures dragging his attention down were the two children he's seen almost daily at this point. Young Cherry was wearing a poofy, dirty, red and green dress supporting a silver tiara while young Blue had her own coloured in dark blue wings to go with her dirty white clothes. She also seemed to have taped cardboard to her fingers to make claws which were now bent, dirtied and some were also missing. "You caught the thief! I'm sorry I'll be more careful next time." Cherry pouted.

"See that's why i'll be a better sheriff than you!" Blue smirked pointing a bent claw at Cherry. 

"Hey be nice to your sister." Jimmy crouched down and gave Cherry the bag of sweets and ruffled Blue's hair. "Now go enjoy the festival. Go!" He jokingly pushed the two girls and they giggled while running towards the giant dragon which entertained the people. Jimmy noticed Scott walking away to Shelby wiping sweat from his forehead making Jimmy chuckle. 

"Who would have known." Jimmy didn't need to turn around as an arm wrapped around his shoulder. "A festival dedicated to me would be my favourite day." Joel smirked pulling Jimmy into his side. 

"Actually it's not about you." Jimmy grabbed Joel's hand moving it away. "It's dedicated to the fierce, strong, terrifying dragon that brought the Empires good luck." Jimmy said using one of the tales that he overheard. As the arm left his shoulder it moved upwards and Joel stole his hat. 

"Same thing." Joel stood in front of him leaning over Jimmy in a taunting manor. Scales were covering his skin and a black slit where the pupil should be but still showing the green eyes Jimmy's learned to be thankful for. His tail was upright swaying and his wings extended outwards. 

"I can tell you now." Jimmy kicked one of his feet up behind him and touched it. As it went back down he lightly tapped his other leg with his foot. "You are not fierce, strong, terrifying, or sexy." Jimmy started hovering and pushed his hat over Joel's eyes before snatching his hat up flying into the air with a laugh. Joel stuttered surprised and looked to the sky. Smirking his wings extended downwards before he shot up into the sky. Jimmy laughed as Joel chased him up into the air being ignored from below because of the festivities. They flew around Joel reaching and laughing to grab Jimmy as they dove in and out of each other's reach. As Jimmy was falling watching as Joel reached for him with a smile he knew that he did make the right decision. 

Scott looked up at the flying figures in the sky. It almost seemed like an odd dance from his view combined with the music that came from the streets. Scott shook his head smiling and looked at his candy apple carved to look like the full body of a dragon before biting the head off of it. Soon enough the two landed and went into a very particular building. Scott chuckled to himself before nudging Shelby. She looked at him face full of different types of candy. 

"Hey get this." He pointed the two out to her. "A dragon and a witch walk into a bar." Shelby chuckled and sighed. 

"Gods know what they'll get up to."