Jeff growled under his breath before aggressively slamming his fist against the coffee table separating the two from one another; (Y/n) flinched unwittingly as she put her hand on the handle of her handgun within her holster. Jeff noticed this and felt strangely upset at his own wrongdoings towards her. He hadn’t meant to physically intimidate her, he only meant to demonstrate how upset what she was saying was making him. With a sigh, he retracted his fist and leaned back in his chair, staring at her with an unknown look. “Five more games.”

(Y/n) glared at him as her hand relaxed, letting go of the gun altogether. “Three. Two must be this week and one next week.”

Jeff rolled his eyes as he weighed the options in his head. Technically, he could blackmail the girl outrightly and demand the five games for all they were worth. Being that Jeff already had a devious plan set in place, he decided against this, allowing the investigator to believe she had the upper hand after all. “Deal.” As the two rose from their respective chairs and headed to the front door, he paused as (Y/n) opened the door to let him out of her home. “Say, wanna just get one over with now?”

Surprisingly, the investigator didn’t react with surprise the way Jeff had thought she would, instead looking at him as though she expected something along these lines. “What did you have in mind?” After Jeff explained, (Y/n) begrudgingly shut the door slowly as the two went back inside, prepared to discuss their conditions if they were to win. After much deliberation, they had both decided on their rewards. Jeff listened patiently as (Y/n) began to explain what she desired. “If I only win one game, I want nothing. If I win two out of the three games, you have to leave me alone forever. If I win all three?” She paused as she began to slowly smile, making Jeff shiver. “You will allow me to take you into custody and not say a word about this agreement, or our relationship, to anybody.”

Jeff let out a harsh cackle as he processed her demands. Tough cookie, isn’t she? “I will not accept your terms for winning two out of the three games, come up with something else.”

Tired could not begin to describe what she was feeling towards his attitude and audacity, consistently demanding the absolute most of her while draining her work and social life exponentially. He had taken so much from her, including her sense of confidence and pride, as well as sense of morality. He had stripped her of her entire identity, of her entire ability to be able to look in the mirror. Now? Her home’s mirrors were covered almost completely, stripping her sense of existence. (Y/n) had enough of his demands, but the most difficult and frustrating part about that was the fact that Jeff knew this and was clearly taking advantage of it. I cannot let him get the upper hand just so I can have an easier time dealing with this fucking freak. Clicking her tongue in irritancy, (Y/n) responded back, “Fine, then choose one: Leave me alone forever, or never kill anyone ever again.”

This ultimatum alone made Jeff question everything, including his entire existence. The choice would seem clear to any other pasta, but to Jeff, it was a difficult decision regardless of which one he chose. Never killing anyone again, theoretically, was not an option, as his entire occupation pretty much relied on this at times. Besides this, he enjoyed it thoroughly; the rush he received every time he watched the life drain from the eyes of his victims stayed within his body for days, if not weeks, to come. On the other hand, leaving (Y/n) alone forever was a whole other battlefield. Sure, Jeff could stalk her without her knowing, probably. But to never even communicate with her again, or associate with her? Although he had only been in her life for 9 months, he could hardly remember the life he lived without her. She was the reason he woke up and got out of bed, at this point. She was the reason Jeff laughed and smiled. She was the reason… he lived. Jeff’s eyes widened and watered as he came to this realization. (Y/n) scrunched her eyebrows while watching Jeff’s face change from shock to the largest smile anyone could possibly muster. Okay… he’s officially creeping me the fuck out. As soon as she was about to speak, he interrupted her as his face turned red. “Okay, I’ll do it. If you win two out of the three games, I’ll stop killing.”

Ringing within her ears was all the investigator could hear as her eyes widened. Killing is his life, his passion… why would he completely erase that from his identity when given the choice between leaving her alone or never killing anyone? He couldn’t have possibly believed she was that entertaining. Breathing in and then out slowly in an effort to calm her anxiety down a bit, she held her shaking hands within her lap as she attempted to continue the conversation while hiding her concerns. “O-okay. What are your demands?” Jeff’s reddened cheeks began to hurt due to his creepy and overwhelming grin on his face. Her question fell on deaf ears as he continued to sit and stare at her, as if participating in a contest to not blink. His realization was confusing, yet simple, within his own eyes: he was in love with the investigator before him.

Author's Note: I'm baaack!! Jeff's delusions have led him to choose (Y/n) over killing, his very occupation and joy in life. He believes he's in love with her. Where will the story go from here?

I have released my new Yandere x Reader story, Descent! Please check it out if you have the time!