a.

Olivia's POV

I have to double check what I just read just before quickly type in my password and go to the link that was tweet out. I quickly read over the description understanding that they are holding a contest where one lucky girl over the age of 18 will be able to win a trip to Paris at the beginning of March which will include air fare, hotel, food and a date with Harry.

I hurry up and take out my debit card and pay the $20 sign in fee they as to pay. Apparently all the money raised from the people entering would go to a charity. At this point I don't care, they could ask me for a kidney and I'd gladly hand it over. After paying the money, filling out the question part of the form and check off the terms and conditions I submit it in for the contest.

I scream when I realize that I am one of the first 100,000 to enter being that only 250,000 people can enter due to the fact that it would be hard to choose a winner over that amount. With that amount of people entering they could raise over five million dollars for a charity. My brother and mom both rush into my room after hearing my scream my lungs out. Both of them are very confused at what I was doing.

"Are you ok?" My mom asks sitting on the edge of my bed.

"Yeah, I just entered a contest in which I could win a trip to Paris and a date with Harry Styles!" I tell them not letting go of the smile on my face.

"Oh that's nice." My mom in a way doesn't really understand my excitement about this or One Direction at all. Yes, she had her wild days of sneaking front row to Michael Jackson concerts and being a groupie o huge rock bands of the 80's and 90's but she stopped that when she had me and settled down to become a nurse. MY theory is that she's just afraid I'm going to ruin my early years but, she doesn't know that my life has basically been ruined, in the best way possible, since one direction first came to be.

"Ok you get settled down and then come down for breakfast."

My little brother takes my mom's spot when she leaves the room. My little brother is 4 years old and is the creation between my mom and my step-dad. He doesn't speak that much because of how shy he is due to the fact he was born with holes in his heart and he had to spend his first two and a half years of his life in the hospital. He basically only talks to my mom, step-dad and I but, every time he says anything to me I feel special. He crawls over and the bed and get under the duvet. He attaches her arms to my waist and leans his head on my shoulder.

"I hope you win Liv," he whispers to me.

"Thank you Leo," I kiss his forehead. "Now let's go get some breakfast ok?"

We both get up and head downstairs to the kitchen. My mom is there adding pancakes to an already huge stack of them on the table. I sit down while Leo tries to grab the whipped cream from the top shelf of the refrigerator by himself. He laughs when he finally gets the can and runs over to the seat next to me.

"Stefan had to go to the hospital earlier than he thought and I have to go back there for an hour shift but, he'll be back at 11 tonight so can you look after your little brother until then?"

"Yeah, Sarah was supposed to come over anyway for a sleepover."

"You know the drill so just call me in case of emergencies."

While eating the pancakes the doorbell rings. I know its Sarah from how many times she rings it. I walk over and answer the door to see her wide eyed.

"Did you enter?"

Harry's POV

What is this? Why did management sign me up for this without permission? It seems like a good cause and all but, I just don't like the part of going on a date with a fan. I don't hate the fans, I just feel like I'd have to live up the whatever expectation the fan has and in a way be fake with them on the date so that when people would ask how it went I'd get a good review and all.

I turn off the TV and grab my phone and see already that on Twitter 'win a date with Harry Styles' is the number 1 trending topic. I get off the couch and walk towards the window and look out on London below. My phone starts to ring and I answer it knowing it was management.

"What did you guys do? Why didn't you ask me about doing this?" I yell at the phone.

"We are doing damage control in a new way. You said you were getting tired of upholding your image with these fake celebrity relationships making them more famous while it seems that you aren't out there ruining the bands image and your own."

"So you made the arrangement for me to go on a date with a fan. You know I'm not good at trying to withhold the expectation the fan has."

"That doesn't matter anymore. The contest already finished in less than 10 minutes. Everyone wants a chance to go on a date with you. The only thing we have left to do is pick the winner, get all the money from the contest and choice a charity to donate it to. If you want the charity can be your choice."

"Well if that is the only thing I can do than that would be nice."

"Good, now enjoy your break for the next 4 months before we go back on tour. We'll call you in a few days with the winner and instructions for the date. Bye Harry."

Before I could say anything else management hung up the phone. This is all a good thing I guess. The money is going to a good cause anyway. I could give the money to Ghana like we did before with comic relief. Their smiling faces made it worth it. Doing this is a good idea.

Olivia's POV

"So did you enter or not?" Sarah asks me over and over again waiting for my response.

"Yes I did! Did you?"

"No! I was almost in tears. All the spots were filled up in less than 10 minutes. You are so lucky!"

"Thank you I know I'm lucky. Now come on my mom made pancakes." We walk over to the table and start eating again.

"So when do they say the winner?" My mom asked knowing that was what Sarah and I were thinking about.

"In like three days or something since the whole date is in a week and a half and they have to book the flights and all that stuff."

"That's nice," my mom's phone starts to vibrate. "I have to go to the hospital so just remember to look after your brother."

"Ok mom."

My mom leaves us and Sarah starts to chuckle.

"And what are you laughing at?"

"Only the fact that you mom and step-dad are basically like the Meredith and Derek if Grey's Anatomy was located in California."

"Don't say that Derek dies in season 11."

"Why did you have to spoil it for me!"

"Oops." We began laughing and spraying Leo's whipped cream on each other. This made him made and he took his plate only after to go upstairs to his room shutting the door behind him.

"He really does hate you Olivia." Sarah says eating the whipped cream off her hand.

"No he loves me, he is just mad because we used his whipped cream." I take the can and squeeze the last bit in my mouth laughing at the fact we managed to use it all up for our 'fight'.

Author's Note:

Ok guys! Hope you enjoyed the first chapter of Damage Control. Anyways I'll start updating more and more so you can get to know the characters and hopefully fall in love with the story.

Thank you! :)