Chapter 24: Remembering Joey

{Joey's POV}

How could this be? I thought he only had a mild concussion and he would be ok?! Not completely forget who his brother is!

Joey: Jett, you really don't know who I am?

Jett: No.

I wanted to run out of his room. I can't live knowing my Jetty doesn't know who I am. I turned to Nicole, a tear rolling down my cheek.

Nicole: Hey, dry those tears... I'm sure he'll eventually remember you.

Joey: But what if he doesn't? Nicole, I will die if Jett doesn't know who I am.

Nicole: I'm sure we can find ways to jog his memory.

Joey: Right... Excuse me, I have to go take a walk.

I had to leave and clear my mind. I walked out of the hospital and sat on the curb. Millions of thoughts were running through my mind. In fact, way too many thought... I needed Daniel. Now.

J: Hey, I need you :'( I'm in front of the hospital on the curb... Please hurry.

D: Ok. Babe, is everything alright?

J: No, please hurry. </3

D: On my way <3

I was sitting outside 5 minutes after I texted Daniel, when I felt familiar hands wrap around my waist.

Daniel: Jojo? Is everything ok?

Joey: No...

Daniel sat me down on the curb, grasping his hand in mine. Interlocking our fingers.

Daniel: So, what happened? Did Jett wake up?

Joey: Yeah, he woke up...

Daniel: And... what happened?

Joey: Dan, Jett doesn't know who I am...

Daniel: What do you mean?

Joey: He woke up, took one look at Nicole and knew who she was. Then he looked at me, and had no clue who I was.

Daniel: Joey, remember he was knocked out cold. He probably has temporary amnesia. All we have to do is jog his memory a little and I'm sure he'll remember you! Anyone who can't remember this beautiful face is... well... you know.... you're just too gorgeous to forget boo.

I blushed fiercely.

Joey: You know, you always know what to say to make me feel better.