Snap

Giyu sits up, panting as a cold sweat drips down his face. It takes him a second to register that he's still laying in his futon at the Water Estate.

'That nightmare again..' He thinks, wiping his forehead with the back of his hand. Sighing, he pushes the blankets back and stands up, his partially buttoned shirt falling back into place.

Quickly making his futon again, he goes into a separate room and changes into his uniform, entering again with his haori hanging limply from his arms.

"It's going to be to hot for this." Giyu mutters to himself, putting the mismatched haori on overtop his uniform and sheathing his sword as he opens the door, putting on a disinterested expression.

As soon as he steps out, he's hit with a wave of extreme heat, and sweat starts to drip off his face once again. Wiping at it with his sleeve, he winces as the fabric touches one of his newer cuts.

Keeping his head down, he goes to the Masters estate, even though he had no need, but you never know when a Hashira meeting might happen.

Running into Kocho on the way, he ignores her insults, though they just make his shoulders drop  even more at each strike.

"Ara ara~ It's not nice to ignore someone Tomioka-san!~" Shinobu says, a tick mark on her forehead.

"Go away." He grumbles, and Kocho stops her teasing for a second, obviously shocked.

"So you can answer me!~" Kocho pokes his back, making him wince in pain, her finger digging into an open gash.

"Ow!" Giyu grits his teeth in pain, speeding up as he rubs his lower back, wincing as the fabric irritates it further.

Not wanting Shinobu to ask questions, Giyu runs to the estate, leaving her behind. 'Damn it! Why would you say ow!' Giyu thinks angrily, not paying attention to his surroundings. He slides to turn the corner and runs head first into Uzui, knocking him back.

"Who just flashily caught my attention by running into me? I will teach them a flamboyant lesson!" Uzui boasts turning his head to see Giyu on the ground rubbing at his sore head.

"Damn, now my haoris dirty." Giyu curses, ignoring Uzuis gaze. He stands up and wipes the dirt from his haori, walking past the Sound Hashira.

"Hey! Apologize!" Uzui grabs the back of Giyus haori, tearing it a little.

"Let go." Giyu growls, tears forming in his eyes as he hears his haori rip.

"Apologize, but flamboyantly of course!" Uzui orders, pulling Giyu back, ripping the haori more. Feeling anger bubble up in his chest, Giyu frees himself from Uzui's grip, and clenches his fists tightly.

"I hate you." Giyu almost yells, tears in his eyes as he takes his sacred haori off and folds it neatly.

Uzui freezes, his hand still hovering in the air as Giyu glares at him harshly before running off in the other direction.

Tears fall freely from Giyus eyes as he runs, his feet hitting the ground anchoring him.

'First Kocho, then Tengen, who's next.' Giyu thinks angrily, as the tears slow and he finds himself at the gates of Masters estate.

Stopping, he sees Rengoku and Mitsuri talking, while Obani and Sanemi argue about something. Taking a deep breath, Giyu calms his beating heart and relaxes his shoulders, wiping at his tear stained face.

Entering the estate, he stands off to the side, avoiding the glares he gets from Sanemi and Obani. Unfolding his haori, he examines the five inch tear near the back.

"Fuck!" Giyu curses loudly, capturing the attention of all the Hashira there. Realizing that he just spoke loudly, he bows, mumbling an apology and going farther away from them.

"Giyu-kun!" Tanjiro calls, waving to Giyu, capturing his attention.

"Hello Kamado." Giyu greets, staring at the boy with a blank face, making the boy laugh nervously.

"I have to go train with Zenitsu and Inosuke now, bye!" Tanjiro walks off, waving good bye to Giyu before exiting through the gate.

•••

"Where's my haori?" Giyu asked, his voice low as he glares at Obani, who looks at him teasingly.

"Sanemis making it look better." Obani shrugs, pointing in the direction of Sanemi.

Storming in that direction, Giyu sees his haori on fire, with Sanemi standing proudly beside it.

"Wha-?" Giyu says, clutching the side of his pants with his fists, his body tense.

"I made your haori look better." Sanemi smirks, motioning towards the currently on fire haori.

Giyu feels something snap inside of him as tears fall down his face for a second time.

"I. Hate. You. All!" Giyu lashes out, lunging at Sanemi and pinning him to the ground as tears drip onto Sanemis face.

"Oi! Bastard what the hell do you think your doing?" Sanemi shouts, struggling to get out of Giyus tight grasp, but fails.

Giyu slams Sanemis head into the ground repeatedly, shouting curses and all the things that had been building up.

Feeling someone lift him up, Giyu thrashes around to Rengoku holding him away from Sanemi with a harsh look as Mitsuri and Obani worry about Sanemi.

"That was very unnecessary! It's just a haori!" Rengoku scolds, as Sanemi mutters something about Giyu being a crazy bitch.

"He burnt my haori! That was the last thing I had to remember my dead friend, and he burned it! I hate you, I hate you all!" Giyu screams, freeing himself from Rengokus grip and rushing off back to the estate.

Every one froze, and the harsh glares were directed to Sanemi.