Chapter 3

I needed a few hours to realize that Ephraim really wasn't taking me to the Capital. And I needed even more hours to realize that I was still stuck here. It felt so unfair that I started hitting my bed. I only stopped once out of breath and the maids that entered my room to bring me tea stared at me with confused looks. I was so angry and sad and panicked that I didn't care about them at all.

"Sorry, bed. You didn't do anything wrong I shouldn't hurt you but I don't have a punching ball and I would never survive the shame of being a wall hitting man. I may be desperate but I still have self esteem."

I didn't realize when but the maids finally left me alone and I fell back on the mattress with a deep sight:

"Why? Why? Why? Why? Why do I have to be here? Why me? Why can't I go home? I don't want to be Sliske. I never wanted to. Who would want to be pitiful and weak?"

I despised Sliske with all my heart while reading the webtaan and the only person I hated more than Sliske was Ephraim. They were none other than the villains of the story and only existed to destroy the hero's life. Being an omega in a society worshiping alphas, the hero thought Sliske would understand him and help him but Sliske never paid attention to his misery. He was horrible but he wasn't the worst and he didn't deserve to die. At the end he was only too scared to realize his condition.

"I hate this!"

Should I find the hero? Maybe I needed to correct Sliske's mistakes. But why should I do that? I was way too lazy. I never asked to save someone. I never wanted to be a hero. I never asked to come here. And maybe I didn't have a reason to be here. Maybe it was just a glitch in the system. All I could do was lay back and wait for my soul to finally go home. Or at least leave this place.

Days went by and I just continued laying there, staring out the window. Seeing me in bed for days made people panic and I was getting bored of the pitiful looks. Eulisses seemed to be the most worried one and he would come check on me every hour, bringing me vitamins and food:

"How are you feeling today, Your Highness?

-Still the same as yesterday."

He flinched:

"Today is the grand opening of the Therapa.

-I don't care.

-But... You have been waiting for this day for months... Are you sure that you don't want to attend?

-I don't want to move.

-Then, should I send someone to bring you back a few dresses?"

I shook my head. In my past life my mother would force me into dresses all the time and that kind of traumatized me. How ironic was it that in this world rich people all wore skirts, men and women alike.

"I want pants."

Eulisses gasped so loud that he dropped my empty mug. He left very quickly and came back seconds later followed by the doctor.

"Everything seems in order. His Highness just seems a bit tired. A few more days in bed and he should be back to his normal self.

-Are you sure? But... No, there must be something wrong. He is saying weird things.

-What kind of things?"

Eulisses glanced at me before whispering:

"That he wants to wear pants."

Even the doctor froze and he checked my pulse again.

"Do you feel any pain somewhere?"

I sighed: