oblivious | jeremiah fisher x y/n 💋

Requested by: lordbeanoftheboozled 

-

Taylor and I giggled at something on her phone as Jeremiah and Steven discussed surfing schedules beside us. The sun set along the horizon as we walked down the pier. 

"We're gonna go get some ice cream," said Taylor, dragging Steven behind her as she winked at me. I gave her a confused look before they disappeared behind a food truck. 

"Wanna sit?" Jeremiah said, motioning to the end of the pier as I smiled and sat down, my feet dangling off the edge. He plopped down next to me and leaned back onto his hands. 

I smiled at the glistening sea. "Do you know I'm trying to flirt with you?" Jeremiah said suddenly. I held my breath, trying to process what he said. "Or, like, did I do something to upset you?" 

I hesitated. "What?" He turned to face me, his eyes reflecting confusion. "Do you know, that I'm trying to flirt with you?" He repeated, pronouncing every word. 

Then it hit me. This whole summer, I had been too busy talking to Taylor about Milo, then Steven, I hadn't even thought about Jeremiah. All my memories came back to me, one by one.

-

There was of course the one day I could never get out of my head. We were walking to the beach, it was early morning, and Jeremiah had convinced me to get up at the brink of dawn to see the sunrise.  

I ran down to the shore laughing like a kid, when he grabbed my hand and pulled my arm so I spun to face him. Our faces were so close, I remember holding my breath, thinking this was going to be it, I was going to kiss Jeremiah Fisher. 

He then smiled wide and booped my nose. "Don't get in the water, I promised your mom I'd take care of you." 

I rolled my eyes at him, smiling back, but deep down in my heart I was disappointed, that he hadn't grabbed my face and kissed me. 

-

Then in fall, we had called for hours, discussing meeting up for coffee, and I remember he had opened the door and payed for both our coffees. 

What I should have noticed was the smile on his face the whole time he was watching me talk. Looking back, I don't even think he payed attention to what I was saying. I remember him looking at me like I was the moon. 

When we walked out, our hands brushed ever so lightly, and now that I think about it, his cheeks  turned rosy. 

-

I blinked out of my memories and looked back at the same boy I had known since I was six. There he was again, looking at me like I was a goddess. I smiled and booped his nose, making him smile even wider. 

"You should've just told me you liked me." I explained. He rolled his eyes at me. "That's not how flirting works, y/n." 

"Well, according to your face, I assume you're still madly in love with me." I teased, moving my face closer to him.

He raised his eyebrows. "And I assume that you already know the answer to that." 

I couldn't even put into words how badly I wanted to kiss him right now. I wanted to kiss him so he would know, that I liked him too. In fact, I didn't like him, nor did I love him. I adored him. 

I couldn't even finish my thought as I felt his lips collide with mine. I smiled and kissed him back. 

I felt so stupid for not noticing the details earlier, but oh so glad he felt the same way. 

THE END.

A/n: so shorter chapter, based on a request again. I actually like this one until the end, i feel like it got gradually worse, but i think the idea was really good, i might have to rewrite this some time later and see if i can actually get this done properly. Anyways i hope you guys enjoyed ! Vote n comment if you did, ily all! Mwah!

X, rai