🕷 𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞 *ೃ༄

< 𝘢/𝘯 𝘱𝘭𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘦 𝘷𝘰𝘵𝘦 𝘢𝘴 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘥 >

➺ 𝙡𝙤𝙬𝙚𝙧𝙘𝙖𝙨𝙚 𝙞𝙣𝙩𝙚𝙣𝙙𝙚𝙙

𓆩ᥫ᭡𓆪.                                              in the hush of the bathroom, the air is heavy with the aftermath of intimacy and you find yourself nestled against suguru's chest. the warm water laps gently around you both, his left hand tracing soothing circles on your thigh and lulling you to the edge of slumber.

the afterglow of your intimate night lingers in the air, a tender connection etched between you two.

as you recline against him, his left hand traces delicate circles on your thigh, each movement a hypnotic dance that brushes against your skin. you teeter on the line of sleep, his touch both grounding and electrifying. the faint scent of bath oils and the faintest hint of his cologne mingle, creating an ambience that holds you captive between consciousness and dreams.

in this serene moment, he turns his head slightly to face you, his elbow resting on the edge of the bathtub. his voice, a gentle murmur, breaks the tranquil silence. "what's on your mind?" he inquires, his cheek finding support on his supporting hand.

you emit a low, nonchalant hum, your head still cradled against his chest and your eyes shut tight. his fingers continue their tender exploration, eliciting a shiver that dances down your spine, releasing you from the brink of sleep.

he persists, curiosity lacing his tone, "what's bothering you?"

you mumble in response, your words barely audible, "what do you mean?"

"you've been drifting in and out of sleep for the past ten minutes," he notices your sporadic drifts into sleep, his touch now delicate on your earlobe and slowly, wakefulness takes hold of you.

"i can't sleep," you confess, your hand absently rubbing your eyes, as if trying to dispel the remnants of drowsiness.

with a gentle touch, his hand moves from your thigh to the back of your neck and his thumb brushes soothingly against your skin. the weight of his touch is grounding, his concern evident in his touch. "if you're tired and can't sleep, there's usually something on your mind bothering you. so, what is it?" he prods gently, encouraging you to share your thoughts.

you turn your head to meet his gaze, holding his hand that cradles your neck. "is it wrong to miss my family despite all they've put me through?", your admission hangs in the air, a fragile confession of conflicting emotions.

"no. it just means you're holding onto hope that they'll change someday," he replies, his gaze firm as it holds yours.

the tone in his voice catches your attention, and you probe further. "you don't think they'll change?"

he sighs softly, the weight of his response heavy with understanding. "just how long can you keep holding onto that hope, y/n?", his words linger in the air, urging you to confront the painful reality you had been evading.

his question lingers in the air and its weight sink into your thoughts, unravelling your inner doubts. 'why couldn't i just keep my mouth shut', regret floods your mind and the wish to have kept your thoughts concealed claws at you.

"it's easier that way, isn't it?" you whisper almost to yourself, a fragile defence.

"if that truly is the case, you wouldn't be like this," he offers in a gentle, knowing whisper, his thumb tracing your jawline with a tender touch as he continues, "no form of love is supposed to be painful or confusing."

his words seep into your consciousness and a heavy silence envelopes you both as his words settle in leaving you to grapple with the truth he's unveiled. the gentle pity in his eyes magnifies the sting of realisation.

internally, you scold yourself for opening up, for exposing your vulnerability. as the urge to withdraw surges, you turn away, your head still nestled on his chest as you allow yourself to sink a bit deeper into the water. but his touch, his presence, won't let you retreat entirely.

"hey, hey, i'm not judging you, okay?" he reassures, his arms encircling your waist, lifting you slightly. your head falls back, his lips finding the curve of your neck, placing a soft, reassuring kiss.

"it's all gonna be okay," his words graze your skin gently, and all you can manage in response is a soft, affirming, "mhm", as a mixture of emotions still swirl within you.

"y/n, you listening to me?" his tone shifts, seriousness replacing the earlier tenderness.

"i am," you murmur, your voice barely audible.

he cups your chin and tilts your gaze to meet his, his scrutiny piercing. doubt lingers in his expression, unconvinced by your response.

"i promise," you whisper, meeting his gaze with earnest, doe-like eyes and his finger graze your bottom lip. a faint grin tugs at his lips before they capture yours in a kiss that erases everything else from your mind. the world shrinks to the sensation of his lips dancing with yours, a momentary escape from the turmoil within.

as you part and his lips are only inches from yours, you find yourself captivated by their presence thanking what ever created them. a chuckle escapes him, breaking the spell and shared laughter bridges the gap between you.

"i don't know what i was expecting, but i didn't think our reunion would go like this," he muses.

"same here," you respond, laughter woven into your words. "but i'm glad it did", his hand finds its place to the side of your neck as he shoot you an agreeing nod.

"so, are we gonna dive into what this means or just let shit play out?" he inquires with a mischievous grin.

you playfully tap your chin, a mock-contemplative gesture, before answering, "i say we let shit play out," a giggle escaping you. with a slight downward tilt of your head, you add, "besides, what could possibly go wrong?"

he leans into the joke, "oh sure", he emphasise, "two best friends fucking the same girl. yeah, i'm sure this is gonna end peachy". you playfully shove his shoulder as he chuckles.

"why worry about the ending now," you tease, laughter dripping from your words. "we're just getting started, aren't we?"

a speechless gaze meets yours, a smile inching onto his lips. "i have so much i wanna show you," he murmurs.

"and i have a lot more to show you," you reply softly.

"and your friend," you add with a teasing note in your voice, inviting laughter that spills into the space.

"think i speak for both of us when i say i'm excited," he affirms, his eyes locked on yours.

"mhm," you reply with a smirk before claiming his lips in another kiss, a connection that pulls you both into its depths.

"now, can we get out of this water? because out of all the unexpected today, hypothermia is not on my bucket list," you say, lifting yourself slowly.

"thought you'd never ask," he responds, mimicking your movement to rise from the water. a pause ensues, his eyes on you, concern evident in his stance. "everything alright there?"

"my legs are about to give out," you confess, a stumble in your step, quickly rectified by his steadying presence as his hand grasps your elbow.

"anaemia strikes again," he teases.

"no, actually, this is the work of satoru," you retort, a playful smile tugging at your lips.

"you trying to make me jealous?" he playfully questions.

"is it working?" you jest, a coy smile accompanying your words.

"just a little bit," he whispers in your ear, his teeth grazing your earlobe. with a fluid motion, he lifts you into his arms, stepping out of the bathtub, water cascading in rivulets from your bodies.

"let's dry you off and put you to bed, hm?" his voice is a low murmur, laden with care.

"i'd like that very much," you whisper, a sense of security settling over you.𓆩ᥫ᭡𓆪.