Chapter 2|Unveiling Emotions

As their visit in the village drew to a close, a sense of impending doom settled over Jalil Ahmed. He realized that Maryam might indeed end up marrying that man. Desperation gnawed at him, and he turned to Aahil Khan, his last hope.

"Aahil, please, you have to understand. She's my daughter, my responsibility. I can't see her life ruined," Jalil's voice quivered as he implored Aahil.

Aahil's gaze remained resolute, his eyes locking onto Jalil's. "I told you, she's not the woman I want. My wife needs to share my ideals, my values."

Desperation colored Jalil's voice. "But Aahil, she's our daughter. We need to protect her honor, her future."

Aahil's tone grew cold, his eyes unforgiving. "Are you planning to force her, Jalil?"

Jalil shook his head vehemently, his voice trembling. "No, my Maryam would never say no to any of my wishes."

A sense of urgency prevailed as Jalil took matters into his own hands. He found a match for Maryam and, when the time came, broke the news to her with an air of finality.

Maryam looked at her father, her eyes wide with disbelief. "Aap mazak kar rahey haina?"

Jalil's expression remained serious. "No, Maryam, I am not. I am serious. You would be married to a man from our caste."

Confusion mingled with anger in Maryam's voice. "What do you mean? Without my permission, you can't marry me off!"

Jalil's voice grew stern. "You won't marry that man."

Maryam's frustration mounted. "But you promised me, aap apne waadey se mukar nahi sakte."

Jalil's tone turned somber. "Beta, mai khuda ko kya mu dikhaunga, maine apni beti ki shaadi musalman se nahi ki."

A trace of bitterness edged into Maryam's voice. "Khuda? Aapko kabse khuda yaad aaney laga."

"Maryam, remember why I named you so. You are my daughter, and if you married that guy, toh humari puri nasl khatam ho jayegi," Jalil's words carried the weight of tradition and societal expectations.

"Kya bol rahey hai Abba?" Maryam's voice trembled with a mixture of confusion and fear.

Jalil's gaze was steady, his resolve unyielding. "Matlab tum meri beti nahi rahogi."

Tears welled up in Maryam's eyes. "Aap kaisi baatein kar rahey."

"Bas hogayi behes, Maryam. Mera faisla sun lo, tumhari shaadi do din ke andar hogi."

Defiance flashed in Maryam's eyes. "Mai nahi karungi ye shaadi!"

Jalil's desperation peaked, his voice strained. "Beta, mujhe majbur mat karo tumhare saath sakhti karne ko."

Maryam couldn't bear the weight of her father's plea. Heart heavy, she retreated to the garden, her tears flowing freely. Her dreams shattered, her sense of agency crushed, she felt like a pawn in a game she hadn't consented to play.

Aahil Khan's observant eyes caught the guards watching Maryam from a distance. He frowned, sensing her distress. As he approached, he realized they were observing her not out of concern but due to her attire—she was wearing shorts.

Though he would never openly admit it, he found her attractive, despite the unconventional clothing. He walked over to where she was seated and asked, "Kitne der yaha baith ne waali ho?"

Startled, Maryam looked up, her teary eyes meeting his. A mixture of surprise and defiance danced in her gaze as she retorted, "Mere yaha baithne se aapko kya takleef horahi?"

Aahil felt a strange pang in his chest, an unfamiliar sensation he couldn't quite identify. Her tears seemed to awaken emotions he had never experienced before—a mix of empathy and concern. He wanted to comfort her, to ease her pain, but he wasn't quite sure how to express it.

Maryam and Aahil| Completed ✔️जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें