Aftermath of the War

Start from the beginning

"Sounds like Kaito, Edo and the others have their hands full in Heartland." I commented with a smile. "I thought that there might be trouble or conflict when it was decreed that most of Academia's members and students had to participate in the reconstruction efforts, but it seems I worried for nothing."

"It's to be expected." Sora chimed in. "Most of Academia's personnel and students were deceived and manipulated by the Professor after all. I don't think anyone is willing to cause trouble for the sake of such a leader. Most students and teachers are genuinely remorseful and wish to make amends."

"Unless we're talking about the majority of the former Elites who fought for Academia until the end." I replied. "They've been imprisoned, awaiting trial and sentencing after their psychological evaluations are complete."

"Yes." Sora nodded. "And judging from how they acted, Elites like Manjoume, McKenzie, Sanders and Crowler probably won't see the light of day ever again. From what I hear from Kaito, the Doktor is dead due to suicide and his body was sealed into the card before Kaito throw it into fire. Those who get mind controlled like Ryo and Fubuki won't face repercussions. People like Dennis and Barret will probably need to do some community service or something while Roget is still missing."

Thanks for that made up story, Kaito.

"I'm more surprised that Akaba Leo avoided execution." Yuya said. "Many people were adamant that he should pay for his crimes with his life. While he was our greatest enemy after Zarc...l personally could never really wish for his death."

"Thanks to Reiji and me for that. I personally wish he died slowly and painfully." I responded. "But death might have actually be a mercy for him. Judge from his expression on a trial, he's already a dead man. His failure to bring back his daughter, nearly destroyed the world, and a beating up from Ray and me are probably weighing down on his conscience. He will spend the rest of his life behind bars while tormented by his guilt and failures."

"Because there's fate worse than death. And Akabaka will experienced it in a full force."

Like I said, I want Shining Trapezodheron for a reason.

"Alright, that's enough for now." Sora said as he finished eating. "Yuya, Mizael, you'd better hurry up or you'll be late for school as this rate."

"Damn, that's right!"

Yuya cursed as he started wolfing down his breakfast while I was preparing my bag. After that, we grabbed our bags and leaving the apartement in hurry.

"See ya later guys! I will wait at You Show!"

"See you later, Sora!"

After saying so, Yuya and I rushed to the school as fast as we can. While running, Yuya asked me something.

"Come to think of it, why aren't we use your D-Wheel? We'd be at school in no time if we did."

"My D-Wheel is under maintenance on Synchro Dimension for the Friendship Cup. As such, you better run faster, Yuya! Do you want to get scolded again for tardiness?!"

"Heck no!"

As the outline of Maiami Second High could be seen in distance, with one last burst of speed, we succeeded in entering the courtyard 5 minutes before class started.

"Safe..." Yuya panted out. "Now, we just need to get to class and-"

"Oh, if it isn't Yuya and Mizael. Why are you two in such a rush?"

I turned my head to the left, seeing Gongenzaka standing there with Yuzu and Sawatari. I also noticed that a large number of students were also leisurely sitting outside, chatting with their friends or simply dueling.