"I'll be texting you" I told her

"I bet you will" She nodded "Bye"

I watched as she walked down the street with the little boy by her side. 

Smiling, I watched as my brother pulled in the driveway. He cut off the engine and got out the car, giving me a suspicious stare. 

"Why yo' face all red, you damn strawberry?" He snorted "Blushing like you got caught masturbating"

"Rasheed-"

"Okay, okay, I stop... I stop nah" He breathed "But forreal"

"Man, you joke too much. I ain't gon' tell you nothin'"

"I'm sorry" He poked out his lip

"Nope" 

I walked inside the house and went upstairs to my room. Closing my door, I laid on my bed and got on my phone. Biting my lip, I decided to text Passion. 

R- "Hey beautiful ♥"

•  •  •

P- "I have a name"

•  •  •

R- "Hi Passion..." 

•  •  •

P- "Hey"

•  •  •

I didn't know what to say back. I got scared I would say something weird or out of line like... 

"I couldn't stop thinking about your sexy legs"

And then she would say "Excuse me?"

And then I would say "I couldn't stop drinking this Kool-Aid" 

Well, I mean, it's texting so she could easily scroll up to see what I messaged. Damn, I've always been awkward when I first text people. Especially ones I just met and don't even know. 

Paisley,

I waited for him to text back, but it never happened. I sighed heavily, wanting to actually talk to him. To me, he is cute. More than that, but I shouldn't get too into him because things always happen. He can easily get uninterested. The reasons why I've stayed single for so long. 

"Babygirl, what's wrong?" Quinta sat next to me with a bag of Doritos in her hand "Oooh, who's Reizon"

"Umm... Co-worker" 

"Co-worker, eh?" She smirked "How come you've never talked about him?"

"I don't need to" I nudged her breast

"Ow, damn you" She pinched my arm

My phone buzzed and flashed, indicating I had a text from someone. It was from Reizon. 

"You gon' answer that" Quinta wiggled her eyebrows 

Rolling my eyes, I locked my phone. Quinta huffed and left the couch, going to the kitchen.

"I don't see why you can't get to know guys" She digged through the fridge

"I don't want to"

"You never want to. Look, I understand why you don't want to look for anyone at the moment- but you gotta let go and keep on moving. It's okay. And I know Larenzo wouldn't want you being isolated"

"You must not have known him like I did then"

"True, but still... We're going out tonight" She smiled, walking back into the living room

"What about Lonnie?" 

Quinta smirked, "Shelby can babysit him"

"Your little sister? Tuh" I chortled

"She's not that bad" She scoffed

"Yes, she is. Isn't she like 16?"

"Passion..." She snarled

"Okay, okay" I laughed 

            . . . . .

Sitting at the bar, I finished my glass of this alcohol. I forgot what it was because I had too many drinks. 

"Aye, bartender.. Lemme get like, uh, more.." I tapped on the counter

"You had too many drinks, lady" He told me

"Pft, so?" I giggled

"Why don't you get up and leave?" He said

"No" 

"Passion?" I heard Quinta come to me "Passion"

"Merp" 

"Passion, you never drink. Why? What are you-" 

I tuned her out and I watched as a dude with Ray Ban glasses, red polo shirt, jeans that sagged and Nike Air Force 1's. His eyes scanned through the crowd as girls threw themselves at him. He declined and when his eyes landed on mine, he told some dude beside him something. 

"Lets go" I told Quinta

"You sure?" She said

"Yeah" 

She helped me stand up and I knocked over some glasses, and I tried to get myself together. My stomach started twisting and turning, I started to feel sweat on my forehead. Quinta pushed through the crowd of slutty girls and guys to get outside. 

"Pas-"

I blew chunks outside the club on the concrete sidewalks. Someone held my hair back and their other hand rubbed my back. 

"She's drunk, she can't drive" I heard Quinta mumble to herself

"Can't you drive?"

"I got my drivers confiscated" She said

"Well, I can take her home"

"I don't even know you..."

"Reizon.. I'm Reizon"