Chapter 30 Colm O'dricoll's Hanging

*Spice chapter.*
Arthur and John are by the Bridge placing explosives, for Dutch's idea to bring all the smoke to the Army.
Once the bridge has been blown up, Arthur tells John that when the times right he needs to leave.
"Look at us..out here risking our necks and for what?"
Arthur says looking down.
"For-"
"For a silly idea? It don't even exist."
"How do you mean?"
"You know just what I mean. You need cash. You got a family... and me... well I have Y/N and I want to give her a better life than this."
John smiles and says.
"You know growing up you, where a miserable bastard even when you where with Mary. You don't seem that way now."
Arthur looks down as he know John was right. He just didn't want to admit to anyone else, that was true.
"Well Dutch has all the money. For safe keeping."
John then goes to tell Arthur that Abigail knows where the money might be.
"Well then you tell her she better make sure, then you come talk to me. And we'll find out just who and what we should be loyal to."
John agrees and as he takes the reins and then says.
"Ya know, Abigail has seen the difference in Dutch and I don't mean what we all know and see I mean the difference in his behaviour to Y/N."
Arthur's head shots up and he looks at John.
"He's... we think... Arthur I think he likes her. I think Y/N knows too and she's done her best to avoid it till now but.... With the way Dutch is behaving... I think... I think he'll hurt her."
Arthur stays quiet and looks to the side, while he thinks John continues to speak.
"Listen as much as you don't want to admit to the world, I know your sweet on her but, Abigail she's... we're.... Both worried he'll do something to her... just be careful. Keep her close to you. If Dutch gets to find that moment alone with her... I don't... we'll I think... he won't hold back Arthur."
Arthur nods and says.
"I won't let it get to that but, thank you John now go on get out here."
John leaves and Arthur is left standing on his own.
Arthur turns to the bridge and his concern for Y/N grows. He knows what Dutch is capable of and he knows he needs to act fast, or the one person he truly cares for is going to get hurt.
Arthur calls for his horse and mounts up, he heads to St Denis hoping Y/N has everything ready for the hanging.

Meanwhile Y/N is in St Denis in a bar waiting for everyone to come.
Today is the day, Colm O'dricoll is gonna be hanged. Y/N had zoned out, she had no idea that Arthur had already walked in through the doors.
She couldn't help but, think of everything that led up to this. Colm ruined her life but, without him she wouldn't of met Arthur. Even though everything seems like such a mess, she was grateful to him for that one thing, she just wished her family was still around.
"Y/N... Y/N"
Y/N snaps out of it and says hi to Arthur.
Arthur leans on the bar and orders a drink.
"What you thinking about?"
"Oh ya know everything."
"Hah. I get that, you ready for this?"
"Yeah course I am anyways, where have you been?"
"Oh, been helping John blow up the bridge then I went to the Chief rain falls. He's a wise man I said I'd help him, or at least try and stop Dutch from making his son do something foolish."
"I'll help too if you want."
"Course after this is over, we will go together."
Arthur and Y/N nods to each other then have a drink.
Dutch walks in the doors likes a big entrance.
Sadie follows behind and she makes a bee-line straight to Y/N.
Y/N and Sadie both place their hand on each others arms as way to greet one another but, to also comfort one another both know they are going through the same emotions.
"Want a drink before we head out?"
Y/N asks Sadie.
"Course."
Y/N orders a shot for both Sadie and herself.
They both raise their shot glasses to each other and Y/N says.
"May the Bastard rot in hell."
Sadie nods and both of them down their shot in one sitting.
Arthur smiles as he likes the friendship that has developed between Y/N and Sadie, they both understand one another.
Dutch then begins to speak.
"Come on, let's go, today is the day they hang Colm O'dricoll."
Y/N gives Sadie her costume and says.
"You can get changed first if you want, I'll go second."
Sadie nods opens the door and lets it close behind her.
Dutch then begins to speak to Arthur and Y/N.
"Oh today will be a good day we take these disguises and if I see that son of a bitch breath his last breath. I'll die a happy man."
Y/N chooses to speak up.
"Depending on how this goes, my... my debt... the money my father owns... I'll be free from it. He has to swing otherwise he'll hunt me forever."
Both Dutch and Arthur remain quiet as they know, this day is big for not only theme-selves and Sadie but, for  Y/N too.
Everyone gets dressed and make their way through the back alleys to the hanging.
"Well don't we just look the part."
Arthur says.
Everyone continues to talk then Dutch speaks up.
"You lost your husband. I lost my darling Annabelle, Y/N lost her family. We all lost something because, of Colm. And that is why we will shepherd him to eternity."
"Amen to that."
Sadie said.
Y/N was quiet most of the time and Arthur knew. He kept her close by so he could keep an eye on her but, left her to be quiet he knew she was going through it.
Y/N's attention is drawn back when Sadie says.
"Now come on we have a hanging to witness."
Dutch and Arthur talk to one another and Y/N notices that Colm's boys are pointing to the building.
Y/N looks back and forth between the men and the building.
Dutch caught on to Y/N quickly and said.
"What is it my dear?"
"Colm's boys their pointing to the building what are they pointing at?"
Dutch looks back and forth then says.
"Y/N and I will go follow him."
Arthur then pipes up and says.
"I'll go too."
Arthur turns to Sadie and says.
"Stay here and don't do anything."
All three walk off and follow the ordiscoll.
While Arthur and Dutch bicker Y/N notices the man cut down an alley way.
"Hey, he's gone down that way."
All three members follow the O'driscoll and take cover on each side of the door way.
The odricolls talk about a man overlooking the rooftop. That way they act fast and get Colm back.
"Ah, like hell ya are."
Y/N said once they walked off.
Dutch tells Y/N to go and take out the guy, him and Arthur will return to the front.
Arthur doesn't like that plan and when Dutch isn't looking he goes and follows Y/N.
Y/N by that time already made it to the rooftop seeing the sniper rifle but, No odriscoll.
Arthur comes up behind her and says.
"Huh, no O'driscoll?"
Y/N smacks his chest lightly for scaring her and Arthur jumps down first.
In a matter of seconds the odriscoll Jumps on Arthur trying to stab him.
Y/N grabs her knife and stabs him from behind.
Y/N helps Arthur up and they both head to the front of the rooftop.
"Well Colm there goes your escape plan."
Y/N says.
Arthur smiles and picks up the rifle.
The crowd begins to get rowdy as they watch Colm be brought to the front.
Colm starts to laugh.
Then the laugh dies out when he sees Dutch and Sadie, hold his men armed.
Then he looks up and sees Y/N and Arthur wave at him.
The panic in his eyes set in, this is where he will die.
The man speaks out his final sentence.
"Gentlemen, are we ready?"
Colm's breathing begins to become heavy as the final sentence rings out.
"Colm O'driscoll, may god in his infinite wisdom  have mercy upon your soul."
The next thing is the lever is pulled and Colm's body drops, his feet dangle but, he struggles even still trying to find a way out.
He struggles and Sadie looses it.
The next thing Arthur and Y/N see down below is chaos.
Sadie shouts.
"You ruined my life! Die! Die!"
Y/N shrugs and says.
"Well can't say I blamed her, they ruined my life too."
Arthur and Y/N shoot the O'dricolls from above.