He fell on the floor beside me. And what just happened sunk in.

"We're dead."

I grabbed Makay's hand. "I didn't mean for it to happen. Makay."

"What's the big deal? You guys are mates."

"Makay, I'm surprised you even have to ask that. Mickey loves to control everything!"

She remained silent. She knew I was right. "Can you please keep Shane safe? I need a walk to clear my head."

"Sure, take all the time you need. Love you."

I nodded and walked away. Until I remembered something. "What did Mickey decided to do about Aelasar."

"He gave them one day to vacate then he said he's coming back with the fires of hell."

I nodded. I'm surprised with his current warlock state he didn't kill them all.

I walked around The Outlands, thinking. I was thinking about Mickey, Shane and Aelasar. I never thought that I could love another being in this universe the way I love Mickey, but Shane? I'm fast becoming obsessed over him. Even though I love Mickey, he has hurt me so much in the past. Our love feels so tainted. Of course, we will get past it, we always do. But at what cost. Now his warlock is here, and he will become even crueler than he already was. I thought I was ready for him to be worse, but I don't think I am. Mickey has been allowed to go unchecked for a long time. His mother would get on him from time to time. But his father would just wave it away, saying he understood, and that Mickey will be fine. Until one time he murdered a member from a prestigious clan. His mother was pissed. She took his powers away for several moon cycles. But it really helped very little, because he can kill you with his bare hands. He knows how to use several weapons.

Mickey is by several definitions, a lethal weapon. I can't do this alone.

And I think the universe knows it as well that's why it sent us Shane. I smiled. Shane will be my rock. He's already possessive over me, even against Mickey and he knows how scary Mickey is, but Shane, a mere human, still defended me.

I heard a noise. It sounded like people were screaming. I made my way towards the noise. It appeared to be an angry mob yelling at Traja and his mate. I rushed to help. Traja couldn't hold them back while trying to protect his mate. Mencici can take care of himself though. He's a fairy cousin. He commands the forest. But I get it that Traja still feels the need to protect him.

"We want justice!" Someone from the crowd yelled.

"Yeah, Mickey and his henchman Declan came here and killed and destroyed our city. They will pay for that."

"Back up," Traja yelled. Traja was getting ready to use his powers on them. I stepped in. "Stop, everyone. Please stop."

They all turned to me. "Most of you all know that Mickey and Declan's warlock was appearing. But they didn't cause all of what you accuse them of. We have holograms of Outlanders killing each other. You can't put this all on them. Makay was here protecting you people. Aelasar and Uncle Shine will always protect you."

"But our city....."

"We will rebuild your city. We have a powerful being at Aelasar that can erect buildings within a matter of days."

"We still need protection from the north. They have used this opportunity to kill and kidnap more citizens. Shine can't protect the South, East, and West."

I smiled. "My Uncle Traja can help. So can Declan. Mickey, Makay and I have a situation back at Aelasar so we'll leave you in their hands."

"Thank you, Ashford."

I nodded. "Please, for those of you with large homes please share them until we can get Dale here. In the meantime, most of you can stay at the councilman building. It can hold most of you. At least for a little while."

When they all left, I turned to Traja. "You got this while we handle Aelasar?"

"Yes, I got this. You guys get a plan ready to get your home back."

"Please don't kill anyone."

He chuckled. "I won't make any promises."

I turned to Mencini. "Will you please...."

"Don't worry. I will keep him straight as an arrow."

I nodded. I turned and continued walking and thinking. Then I stopped when I heard. "Well if it isn't the wonderful Ashford. The one that can do no wrong."

I turned to the voice. Of course, everyone in The Outlands knows my name. I've come here to protect them over the years. Whenever Mickey would let me. But I don't think I've ever met her.

It was a purple female from the Esum species. Her hair was jet black. She was tall and slim. She was beautiful.

"I'm sorry, have we met."

"I'm Theala. Mickey and I have been together for one planet cycle now."

I blew out a breath. I held back tears. There's a long line of these women. They can't wait to see me so they could throw things like this in my face.

"Well, whatever you have to say. I suggest you take it up with Mickey." I was preparing to walk off.

"You're his dormant you know. No matter what he does, you're always there to let him tear you down. Why don't you just leave him alone and let me have him."

I turned to her with a sad smile. "I've asked myself that question all the time. And it's not about what I want. It's about what he wants. He's my universe and you're a fool if you ever think Mickey will let me go."

"You don't even know if you're mates yet. He most certainly can and will leave you."

"You can tell yourself whatever you want to make yourself feel better. But you know just as well as I that you're a long line of many."

Before I could revel in her gasp of outrage. A sharp pain hit my chest and went through my body.

I teleported in front of Shine's castle. I ran inside. I followed the screams. Makay's scream. Fear clogged my throat. What happened? What if someone's dead.

The scene I ran in on didn't alleviate my fears when I saw everyone that I love was well and good. No, what struck fear in me was Mickey throwing Shane all over the hall. Did he find out about us? Then I looked closer. It wasn't Mickey. It was his warlock, Chaos. He picked Shane up and disappeared. 

A/N Sorry for any grammatical errors.