(48) She' Not My Mom

1 month later, 

Bucky was at the fire house working and playing pool with his brothers. James came into the common room.

"Hey dad ready to take me on?" Bucky said 

"Son, Rumlow just called. You need to go down to the station." James said 

Bucky looked at him confused, "Dad?" He said as he laid the pool stick down.

"Something about Maggie..and the kids." James said 

Bucky closed his eyes and left. When he arrived he found Whitley in tears holding her little brother who also had tears. He hugged them both, and whispered "It's okay I'm here." 

"James.." Rumlow said 

"Rumlow what happened?" He said as he stood up.

"I clocked her going 100 miles, and swerving as she left the school. When I flipped my lights she tried to evade me..and there was an accident. She was taken to an ER. They were checked on the scene and cleared. Whitley told officers that Maggie isn't her mother." Rumlow said 

Bucky sighed, "Thank you." He said as he got the kids and took them to Winnie. 

He stopped at a lawyer's office, and had paperwork filed to terminate Maggie's rights. He finished his work shift, and Aubri picked up dinner and the kids from Winnie. That night after everyone was in bed Bucky told her what happened. 

The next morning, Aubri  called into work and packed lunches before everyone got up.

"Baby shouldn't you be at work?" Bucky said as he and the kids came in. 

"No I'm taking the day..everyone eat a quick breakfast and get ready we are going to the beach!" She said 

Everyone did what she said, and they left for a beach day. They spent the day at the beach, and just for a little awhile they could forget the bad day the day before.