(27) Battle of the Bands

Four months later,

"Welcome everyone to our Veterans Day Battle of the Bands night. Each band will play music but they were all required to add military inspired songs as well. All tonight's proceeds go to our local VA office and military charities." The MC said 

Callum's band was the last to perform cause they won the last battle of bands due to a disqualification of the original winner. 

They started the show with "Where The Stars and Strips" by Aaron Tippin. They did a lot of their military songs at the top, "American Soldier", "The Ones That Didnt Make It Back" and "Courtesy of The Red and White Blue" and it made Jax's parents proud to see Keely up on stage. Callum let Keely take their first song..

"Girl in the Mirror" by Megan Maroney, and "Remember Her Name" by Mickey Guyton. Then after that they did "Calling Baton Rouge" by Garth Brooks where she got to show off her violin skills. 

"Where in the hell did he find her sis?" Bucky said 

"He said he had found someone he didn't tell me who." Gabi said 

"He told me it was a pretty girl though." Ezio said 

"He told you and not me." Gabi said 

"Baby he isn't going to tell his mama about girls." Ezio said 

They finished the song, and went into "The Thunder Rolls" but added in the last verse that Garth Brooks adds in at his live shows. Then he did "Friends In Low Places" where he added another verse that Garth does during live shows. 

Gabi looked at her younger brother, "I blame you, you just had to give him the Garth Brooks live albums." 

Bucky grinned, "Cause they are the best ones! Even dad says so." He said 

In another area of the attendees, Patricia looked at Aubri "Baby can you perk up some, Keely wanted you here she told me so." 

"I am here mom." Aubri said 

Callum and Keely pulled off some duets, "In Another Eyes, by Trisha Yearwood and Garth Brooks, "Never Say Never" by Lainey Wilson and Cole Swindell and "We Don't Fight Anymore" by Carly Pearce and Chris Stapleton. They also did "Wait In The Truck" by Hardy and Lainey Wilson. 

Then Callum went into some Travis Tritt starting with "TROUBLE", then he went into "Anymore," and "Foolish Pride." 

"Someone's been listening to Uncle B's playlist again." Gabi said 

"Shut up." Bucky said 

Then "Raised on Country" "She Had Me At Heads Carolina", "Hillbilly Shoes" and "Fore She Was Mama" and "Indian Outlaw" 

They flipped it back to military songs, "If You Are Reading This", "Where We Left Off", "For You", "Arlington" and they closed the show with "Dress Blues." Where Keely got a violin solo that brought tears to everyone eyes. 

They won first place, which made both families scream as they were all shocked. That night when Aubri got home, she finally opened up the letter Jax had always told her to read if he never made it back from deployment. He told her to look up a playlist called "Sunflower." 

One of the first songs that played was "If The Sun Comes Up," by Trace Adkins, and it made her cry as she looked at their pictures and read his letters. Then she remember the song that Keely sang and she realizes that she needed to put herself back together. She made a promise to not go back to smoking weed when things were bad to Jax.