Episode 6 : Slow steps are a curse...

Few days later, in the evening, everyone was in the living area, Mr Jeon was watching tv, Mrs Jeon applying nail paint, Jungkook helping Jeong and y/n with their homework. Mr Jeon and Jungkook were at home early because Jeon's family was invited for a launching party of attire designed by famous singer Kim Jennie of blackpink for Calvin Klein.

It was past 9pm when Jeong was done with her homework and so everyone else decided that they should start getting ready now. Jeong left for her room and so did Mr and Mrs Jeon, Jungkook followed to his room shortly after he cleared some doubts that y/n had.

With heavy eyes looking at the notebook, y/n didn't know when she fell asleep and the Jeon family left the house. When she woke up, she found herself lying on the sofa with a warm blanket over her body in a pitch dark living room. She felt dry in her throat and went to get water.

Though she couldn't see anything properly in the darkness, she did manage to get her a glass of water. Not long after she felt a presence in the kitchen which scared her but she didn't show it. She somehow managed to get hold of a knife and move towards the silhouette of a man, gathering all her courage she voiced out *who's there?*

After getting no reply she moved further towards it but before she could reach, she heard the main door of the house opening and shutting, which was enough for even a stubborn to know that the Jeon family is back. Before she could turn her attention towards the unknown identity in the house, it ran away.

Mrs. Jeon called her out, noticing that she was not where they last saw her. Y/n made a quick run towards the living area. *Mrs. Jeon I think someone was here, maybe a thief i swear I felt the presence but before I could catch them you all came and I lost them* she blurted out now catching her breath with a knife still in her hand.

Suddenly there were a large amount of people inside the room including the Jeong family singing *surprise* in harmony which echoed in the whole house. They were their relatives, what was surprising that they showed up at such an inhuman hour, like literally 3am.

Once they made up their groups and started having conversation in the middle of the night not caring about anything, it all seemed like a market to y/n who was new to this type of surrounding because...
One : she didn't have any relatives.
Two : her own family consists of three members in which all of them are not so fond of having conversations like this.
So yeah, y/n made an escape from there, cooked ramen for herself and went to the terrace with bowl of ramen and a cup of coffee. It might seem like a weird combination to other but trust me I've tried it and I like it a lot. Coffee with instant noodles.

When she was mourning (not in the literal sense) about her loneliness and missing her family while eating ramen (imagine Kim seokjin) someone sat beside her. You are thinking it's jaykay, aren't you? Welllllllllll yeah. You're wrong. It was a boy for sure, Jungkook and Jeong's cousin to be more precise.

"Hi I'm Sa-ul, Jeong's cousin. I'm a year older than her. I saw you coming up here all alone so I thought to accompany you." He introduced himself moving his hands towards y/n for handshake. Y/n shook hands with him and introduced herself as well.

They chatted for an hour or so about things that should not matter so much for y'all to know like isn't it obvious when two strangers meet they have conversations about themselves their families and study background and stuff so yeah, it was pretty much all that stuff.

*Jungkook's POV*

Everyone was busy on their own and it was pretty late so I decided to take a shower and call it a day. When I was about to get in my room I saw the lights of y/n's room completely switched off which was odd since it is about time she wakes up from her sleep.

Ok Jungkook, three knocks and she doesn't reply that means she's not here. One.... No reply, two.... No reply, three.... No reply. Maybe she's at the terrace, besides her room, living area and terrace she doesn't go anywhere. She isn't in her room wasn't in living room that means she is at the terrace.

I don't know what was going inside my head, instead of going to sleep after a warm shower I went to the terrace. There i saw Sa-ul and y/n laughing and having the time of their life, I know I should not interfere and just go to my room but I don't know why I did something which is so unlike me.

"Sa-ul, what are you doing here? Aunt was looking for you downstairs" my tone of speaking was rather harsh, I've never talked to him like this ever and why would I, he is the most responsible and mature for teenagers his age, at least in my family. And for that not just that I trusted him, I respected him too. But something in my inside feels odd, extremely odd and for some reasons I didn't feel like talking to anyone at this point.

Just as I noticed Sa-ul walking past me on his way to downstairs I turned my heels and was ready to leave for my room when "Mr. Jeon!! Would you mind staying here with me for some time?" It felt as if my world stopped. I turned around and found her standing far away from me shining like gold with all the light falling on her figure.

Before I knew I was standing right infront of her, my eyes not leaving her's untill she snapped infront of my face. When I was brought to my senses and i knew I was standing too close to her, I don't even know how I got here. Maybe some unknown force led me to stand just an inch away from her. I took few steps back maintaining a healthy distance from her for her's and my own good.

"What do you want?" Surprisingly I wasn't icy cold this time, what the fuck is happening to me? "Nothing. Just wanted to sit and have a chat with you" without replying i sat down on the bench where Sa-ul and y/n previously sat on. She sat beside me a few minutes later. After staying quiet for some time she spoke "you don't look good when you're angry" and here I was trying my best not to gobble all the ramen placed beside me. (Yes y/n was so busy talking to Sa-ul that she didn't touch her ramen)

"Who said I was angry?" I spoke looking at her face shining even bright as the rays of sun which was about to rise at anytime fell on her face, the poker face of her's. "You looked like you were angry" she said now facing me, as our eyes met I knew I was going into a pit of ruin but I managed to maintain distance.

What's been happening to me in these past few days whenever I'm around her is not healthy, I'm afraid I might go to jail for... forget it. "I'm not" I spoke maintaining a poker face just like her's. "Really?" Her doe eyes stared into my soul and i was left with no words to speak.

"Well, yes I am. I am extremely angry" collect your shitty brain Jungkook. "Looked so" she replied now looking at the sun which was half up in the sky. "So as I am angry I'll leave now" I said standing up and matching towards the door of terrace. What surprised me was she didn't said anything or stopped me.

"I'm going" i forced one more time to make sure she hears it. She turned her head and gave me a soft smile with "ok" which fuelled to my now rising anger. I went back and stood in front of her again "why should I leave, this is my house. You leave" I said "you've got the point" she replied and stood up leave with the bowl of ramen in her hands. What is wrong with her!!! (No what is wrong with you Jungkook?)

"This ramen are also from my kitchen, so you can't take them" I said pointing at the ramen bowl in her hand. She snapped her finger like she understoof something "again you've got the point" she approached me and placed a bowl on the bench. "Here you go, your highness" and now she again turned her heels to leave.

"But didn't you wanted to talk?" I yelled stopping her on her way. I was waiting for her to turn around and when she did I couldn't deny it, I was oh so mesmerized by the beauty i had in front of my eyes, the sun doing her justice the way it should. She smiled showing her perfect set of teeths "you're such a drama queen, Mr Jeon" and she left, just like that. While all in my head was that I feel guilty for how I feel about her but I don't know how to get out of it, those damned slow steps took me somewhere I should never be.