CHAPTER 10 - UNRAVELING THE AURA

Classes continue after lunch break and Cana keeps talking to me between the classes, bringing along her friends, never leaving me alone. It's the last class of the day and surprisingly, Armaros sits excitedly with full attention after almost sleeping the whole day. A man opens the door with a lot of force and the class turns silent immediately. Everyone sit up straight, with few students sweating. A man with white formal shirt, formal pants and a long black cape enters the class with a stern expression. He has blue eyes, light blonde hair neatly parted to the side, pale fair skin. He looks around the same age as my mom. He stands at the center of the platform and narrows his eyes observing everyone. He narrows his eyes at a boy sitting next to me.

"You there! Your shoulders are dropping slightly. You are not sitting straight properly, get out of my class." he says with a stern voice, void of any emotion.

The boy sitting next to me fights back his tears and leaves the classroom without a word. The whole atmosphere becomes tense, not even one student moves and just sit straight like robots. After a while, the man softens his expression a little and nods his head. Everyone sigh out of relief .

"Everyone, form a line, let's go to the courtyard." he says and leaves the classroom without glancing back.

All the students relax and slowly form a line.

"Who is he?" I ask Cana.

"He is the Vice Principal of the school. Mr. Edward Lockheart. He teaches magical arts. He is very particular and strict about everything and one of the most influential and powerful warrior in the world. You better be careful." Cana whispers in my ear.

All of us go down towards the huge courtyard, which is filled with various instruments for some training.

"All right, before we start our training, anyone of you brief about the existence of magical powers." he says in an elegant tone.

Everyone stand silent.

"What a shame. Ms. Smith, would you?" he asks looking straight into Cana.

"Um...yes sir.." she says gulping.

"This world is made up of people with magical powers. It all started with our ancestors, receiving powers from gods and goddesses. The ones blessed with special powers are classified into special clans and are higher in status, than the ones with basic powers. The magical powers, basic or special, are stored in the form of spiritual energy called aura. The aura is stored mainly in the heart pumping energy along with blood. The aura is more powerful than the heart. Even if a person's heart is destroyed, the aura is what keeps the person alive. More the amount of aura, more the person becomes powerful." Cana says smiling proudly.

"I asked you about the existence of magical powers, meaning, just our history. You got too excited and said about our anatomy which is of no use. Run twenty rounds around the courtyard, after the class." he says looking down on Cana.

Cana glares at Mr. Edward but nods silently.

"Everyone let's begin training." Mr. Edward says and reaches out his palm. Immediately a huge wall, made of  rocks appears in front of us, stretching horizontally and standing tall into the sky.

All the students step in front of the wall made of rocks and start punching it. I stand there looking at everyone cluelessly.

"Sir? What am I supposed to do?" I ask Mr. Edward.

Everyone stop and look at me.

"Who are you?" he glares at me.

"Scarlett Frost. I am new her-"