CHAPTER 5- THE CONFRONTATION

The dragon soars high into the sky and I hold onto it, closing my eyes tightly, as the wind flows against me with huge force. My heart starts pounding with fear and I start to sweat. I become breathless as the wind flows against me. The dragon flaps its wings and  becomes stable. We are passing through clouds and I tell myself repeatedly not to look down. 

"I think I told you not to fly high" I scream at the dragon. I am a fool. There is no way it would listen to me.

I take quick glance down and find we are way too up above in the sky, passing through mountains and clouds. I gasp and my body starts to shiver. My head starts to spin and I feel nauseous. I hold my mouth tight trying to stop from vomiting. 

After flying in the sky for almost thirty minutes, the dragon dips down into the ground. I see lush green trees and series of houses between the trees. In the middle, there is a huge gigantic castle shining bright silver . It must be more than thousand acres. The dragon takes another dip and I hold it tightly. 

The dragon lands in front of a huge mansion and bends its leg, sitting down. I slowly jump off the dragon and run aside to puke. 

After taking a while to compose myself and stop the trembling of my body, I come back to where the dragon dropped me, but it is nowhere to be seen. I turn to my sides and find the compound of wall stretching to the far end on either side of the street. A huge iron gate is attached to the compound wall and I open it.

I walk in and find a fountain at the center which is a few meters away. To either side of the fountain is lush green grass with various kinds of flowers, I have never seen before. There is a walkway surrounding the fountain, reaching the entrance of the mansion. I walk towards the mansion and as I get closer, I realize it looks bigger and more beautiful than it did from far. 

The huge mansion is vintage model but looks modern as well. It is made up of  quartzite, brick and cement. The front porch is wide with series of steps. The mansion is expansive with its towering columns. I thought I lived in the biggest and most luxurious house possible, but this mansion is hundred times bigger and beautiful. 

I take a deep breath to calm my nervousness. I climb the series of steps and hold the cold handle of the door. I am going to meet the one who brought me here. Someone needs me here. Someone who knows about my last name. I sigh and open the door.

The mansion is beyond any explanation. There is an enormous chandelier hanging from the third floor. The whole place is furnished elegantly with white lustrous marble, silver and gold. There is a square glass table at the center with two L shaped couches surrounding it. On either side of the couches are few paintings hanging on the wall, adjacent to few rooms. Behind the couches is a central grand staircase leading to the second floor. The whole place is bright, modern, elegant and rich. Whoever owns the house is really wealthy.

I look around the mansion, still in awe. 

"Its magnificent, isn't it?" I hear a voice which startles me. 

I turn around and find a woman. She has fair skin, dark brown eyes, wavy light brown hair till her shoulders. She looks young, but her eyes say she is over thirty five. She is wearing a blue coat with a white shirt beneath, blue pants and white pointed heels. 

"It is beyond magnificent." I say smiling.

"Good to know you like it young mistress." she says smiling, her voice is sweet and her expression is polite.

"Young mistress? What do you mean? Who brought me here?" I ask her.

" I am Anne. Follow me. I will take you to the person who brought you here." she says gesturing towards the staircase.