Chapter 9: The Dream

A week had passed and everything was filled with responsibilities and planning. Matilda and her parents were having breakfast together and they talked about going shopping. She thought the idea was ridiculous because she's never been the type of girl who shops for materialistic purposes. However, her parents will convince her to come with them because her brother Richie is coming home from university.

Matilda's mom: We're going shopping this afternoon. You should come with us, Matilda.

Matilda's dad: We'll buy you anything you like. Doesn't have to be anything extravagant.

Matilda: No, thanks...I have so much work to do for school. I also have an exam to study for Physics 2...

Matilda: Might wanna focus on that instead.

Matilda's mom: Just this once. You work way too hard for school...

Matilda's mom: You won't fall behind if you have fun for once in a while. Don't wanna study too much to the point your brain becomes fried, right?

Matilda's dad: On top of that, your brother Richie will be coming home today...

Matilda's dad: He's been at uni for almost 3 months and is burned out. Today would be a good time for all of us.

Matilda's dad: You and him both need to relax your heads and broaden your senses.

Matilda's mom: We'll be picking him up at the airport at 11. He told us his flight will arrive 40 minutes later.

Matilda: Did you just say Richie is coming back? I really missed his company!

Matilda: If you say so, I will go shopping with you this time.

Today was a tedious day for Patrick. He had to get up really early for basketball practice and he stayed at school for 2 hours until it was over. When he arrived home, he was super tired and decided to sleep for a bit. He flopped right down on his bed without changing into his sleepwear and sleeping with socks on.

Patrick: I'm so worn out...I hate how I had to wake up earlier than I usually wake up on the weekends.

Patrick: Practice is bumming me out...I should get some rest and nap for a bit.

When he fell asleep, he found himself sitting in a taxi car and was late for his wedding with Matilda. Their families were supposedly waiting for him, and the driver turned out to be no other than Isaac, but Patrick had no idea who he was.

Patrick: Hey, driver! Can't you drive a little faster? You're moving slow like a turtle!

Patrick: So many cars are ganging up on you...I'm gonna be late for my wedding!

Isaac: Well, this is how far my car can go...What do you want me to do?

Isaac: Get into an accident on the highway? Not gonna do that.

Isaac: If you were in a hurry, why didn't you get ready early this morning?

Patrick: Are you kidding me? You have a bunch of space in front of you...

Patrick: You really can't speed up? God, you're so f**king useless and rude!

Patrick: He thought to himself. Matilda, I'm gonna be there eventually. Even when I'm late...

Finally, they arrived at the large beige plaza.

Patrick: He said to himself as he ran. I bet they're waiting for me...I can't believe it's 2:30 already.

But this wasn't the wedding ceremony he expected himself to run into. The wedding guests were total strangers and his main family wasn't among them.