Chapter 5: Defender

While Matilda was waiting for the ice cream workers to get her ice cream prepared in a large cup, Greg got up from his seat and approached her from behind. He found an opportunity to take advantage of her.

Greg: Matilda! Do you remember me? It's Greg from primary school...

Matilda slowly turned around and nervously faced him.

Greg: Would you care to do me a favor and pay me a large mango ice cream?

Matilda: And why would I do that? You should pay for yourself!

Greg: No, you should be more generous to your childhood crush, Matilda.

Greg: After all, we were friends, right?

Greg: If you pay for me, I'll be your boyfriend.

Clerk: She heard this and said. That'll be another $6.

Matilda had no choice, but to pay again. She turned to Greg, seething with anger.

Matilda: I hated the way you made me pay for you. It wasn't my decision...

Greg: I don't care. I'm not obliged to be nice to an ugly duckling.

Greg: You still paid regardless, so of course it's your decision.

Matilda: You're unbelievable, Greg!

She ran out of the ice cream parlor without the clerk noticing.

Clerk: We have two cups of mixed berry & mango ice cream ready.

Greg: Perfect! I'll give the mixed berry ice cream to my friends to share.

He brought both scoops of ice cream to his friends table and they all laughed at how stupid Matilda was.

Friend #1: Dude, you got her so good! She didn't even put up a fight!

Friend #2: That was so funny...Sheesh, she's very dumb to pay you without asking for anything in return.

After Greg ate a bit of his cream, he went outside to smoke.

Patrick: He said to himself. That sh*tty bastard! He just dug his own grave.

Patrick: Towards Isaac. I'm gonna head outside real quick. I got something "great" to take care of.

He got up and slowly followed Greg. He made the jerk trip and smacked his chest real hard after headbutting him.

Greg: A-a-ahh...Asshole, what's your problem? He struggled to speak as he lay on the ground.

Patrick: He bent down and grabbed Greg's shirt. I should be asking you the same question!

Patrick: Better pay that girl back or else I'll beat you so badly that even the hospital can't save you!

Patrick: You had no right to make her pay for you, asshole!

Greg's friends shortly came out and confronted Patrick.

Friend #1: Get off of your friend! How dare you kick him for nothing?!

Isaac: He came out to defend Patrick. Your sh*tty friend deserved it. He's nothing but pathetic!

Isaac: You heard what he said. We're not letting you go unless you do what he says...

Friend #2: Wanna fight with us, jerks?

Isaac: He held up his fists. Bring it on, then!

Greg: I give up! I'll pay back...

Greg had no choice, but to give into Patrick's demands. Meanwhile, Matilda was trying to head home but all of a sudden the rain was pouring down from the sky. Her clothes got wet and she could hardly see where she was going because her glasses got soaked. She ran on the sidewalks to go home, but she fell flat on her face.