Chapter 8: Tired

Today is the day Macau has been waiting for. The day of the flight to New York. He texted his cousin to just wait for him at the airport which Kim agreed to. He makes his way to the main family’s house to pick-up Chay. 

"Are you excited for your trip?" Tankhun asks him as he waits with the older man by the main hall, playing Jenga. 

"I'm more excited for Chay," Macau smiles at him. "I really did put a lot of effort into this trip, you know?" 

"So I've heard." Tankhun smiles back at him and they went back to playing Jenga. 

"Macau!" They hear Chay's voice and he is followed by Porsche and Kinn, the former rolling his luggage and Kinn holding his backpack. "Let's go!" Chay excitedly exclaims as Kinn helps him put on his backpack.

Upon arriving at the airport, Chay questioned why Macau only has a backpack, to which the other explained that he's planning to go on a shopping spree in New York anyway. 

Once in the lounge area for business class, Macau led Porchay into one of the more private rooms and visibly gasped upon seeing the sole occupant of the room. Right there, sitting in one of the leather couches, wearing a headset and fiddling with his phone is Kim. Chay looks at Macau expecting the other to be surprised as well, but Macau only sighed and shoots him an apologetic smile. "No." Chay whispers, but Macau only made a gesture for him to go further inside the room. Kim finally noticed them and did a double take on Chay before looking at Macau with a furious face. 

"What the hell is this?" Kim asks, removing his headset and standing up. 

"Sit back down!" Macau says sternly and points his finger at him. Kim, still visibly upset, sits back down and waits as Macau tells Chay to sit beside him. 

"Macau, why is P'Kim here?" Chay asks his friend, stealing a glance at the older man beside him. 

"Because I'm tired!" Macau bursts, sitting down on the opposite chair in front of them. "I'm tired of seeing my best friend cry," He continues and looks at Chay with all the sincerity in his eyes. Then he looks at Kim, "I'm tired of having my phone blasting when I'm unable to provide an update." Macau slumps back on his chair and looks at Chay again. "I'm tired of dealing with hopeless hearts that could've been mended by communication." This time he looks at Kim again. "And I'm tired of knowing love and having it suffer because my best friend is stubborn and my cousin is an idiotic piece of shit who is constantly emotionally constipated!" Macau breathes out the last sentence with visible exhaustion in his voice. 

"So, what exactly is the plan here, Macau?" Kim asks after silently watching and listening to his cousin. 

"The two of you are going to spend the time together in New York." Macau simply says. Never breaking eye contact with Kim. "Either work it out or end it once and for all." He then looks at Porchay softly. 

"I'm leaving." Kim announces, but before he could stand up, he receives a message from an anonymous number. He looks at Macau with furrowed eyebrows.

"You see, P'Kim, you're not the only one with resources in this family." Macau tells him with a cunning smile. Sitting back on his chair again. 

"How about you? What will you do?" Porchay asks his friend, cutting the staring contest–afraid that it will turn to something violent. 

"I'll also be in New York, but I won't be around you two as much." Macau simply answered. Hoping that not at all. 

"You know, we could just simply ignore each other then." Chay tells him. 

"Yes, but then you wouldn't want your brother to know the real reason you didn't pursue university this year, would you?" Macau retaliates. He doesn't want to blackmail his best friend, but damn Chay's pure heart. It was the only material he could use. Right at this moment, Porchay can see the Theerapanyakul in Macau. It was a surprise, but not really. 

Chay looks at Macau for a while. He knows that his best friend is only thinking what he thinks is the best for him. He turns to Kim who is still shooting daggers with his eyes at his cousin. "I'm guessing he has something important against you." 

"Better to just enjoy it." Kim answers after a while. At first he was just staring at Chay. The younger avoids him like a plague whenever they're both at the main house. In addition, he has Kim blocked in all communication means. 

"Of course you would enjoy it. I had prepare a special KimChay fun-filled itinerary!" Macau comments, taking out his Nintendo Switch and laughs lightly when he sees the both of them staring sharply at him. "You both loved the activities. Just admit it."

Both Kim and Porchay would never admit it now to Macau, but the moment they got the itinerary, they actually got excited. Kim had been trying to work on figuring out yet another shit job his father had done and it's already taking a toll on him, so he was surprised how much the activities Macau designed matches him. He briefly thought that him and Macau might have been actually sharing the same interest after all. He never would have imagined that his company on this trip would be the very person his heart is aching for. 

Back at the minor family's house, Vegas and Pete are enjoying his time with Venice who has been starting to learn to walk on his own. Something that has been giving the two a heart attack. 

"I wonder how the trip is going." Vegas thinks out loud, which Pete chuckles at. 

"Let's just hope 2 Theerapanyakul and 1 Kittisawat left and same number will return. Alive. And without a missing body part." Pete says. Hands hovering Venice's sides as the baby attempts to walk to where Vegas is seating.

Two nights before the flight to New York, Macau had come to their room and told them about "operation: get my emotionally constipated cousin and melancholy best friend back together!" as Macau dramatically announced to them. 

"Should I be worried?" Pete asked after Macau explained everything, already looking concerned at the two brothers who were sharing a wolfish smile. 

"Nah. This is gonna be fun." Vegas answers, kissing Pete's temple. "Plus, we'll probably get to see Porsche beat Kim up. What a sight that would be."

Pete sighs. He is seriously rethinking if he should get everyone in this family in therapy. "Be that as it may," He says again, this time he is looking at Macau. "Update the security detail to accommodate the three of you."

"Already done, Phi!" Macau exclaimed, forwarding the details to Pete's email. 

"I want daily calls, pictures sent, and for the love of God, do not, in any circumstance, provoke Kim." Pete says and extends his arm to invite Macau. The younger excitedly complies and cuddles on the other side of Pete. "Always make sure you're safe, alright?" Pete says again and kisses the top of Macau's head. The younger nodded, still cuddled up to him. 

In his office back at the main family’s house though, Porsche smiles at the message banner that indicates Macau sending him a picture. However, he frowns at the picture. It shows a smiling Macau with his brother and Kim in the background. After the picture, he also received a message. 

Updated security detail has been sent to you and P'Kinn, P'Porsche. It has already been approved by Hiya Vegas, P'Pete, and P'Arm. 

"You little shit!" Porsche exclaimed and immediately went to Kinn's own office across the hall. The couple have since learned that actually work is impossible when they're in the same room. 

-----------
Pre-NY chapter y'all. Also, I might cut down my update to once a week.

I'm just catching up on my reading goals for this month.

Next chapter will be full Kimchay with a hint of Macau's reinforcement.

Maybe some sexy time *wink wink*