Chapter 6: See The World Burn

"You know, out of everyone, I really thought you'd be the one to be most affected with my tending with P'Kim." Macau tells Chay as they prepare to go out. Chay discovered a new spot just one town over that sells vintage items and records and he would really like to visit, maybe see if he could buy something for his collection.

"I am affected." Chay says honestly which made the other frown. The former sighs and continues, "As you may have known, you have become my best friend. Someone dear to me and someone I trust." Macau has heard Kim talk about how Chay wears his heart on his sleeve. He never thought he'd ever be at the receiving end of it. Yes, he knows they've become close, but he never thought Chay would consider him his best friend. "But, I at least have my brother and your family when you go. P'Kim may be an asshole-"

"Oh, definitely an asshole." Macau says, which made both of them chuckle.

"But I'm glad that he trusts you enough during his weak days." Chay continues. Growing up with only his brother as his support, although Porsche had never shown him love any less than anyone, Chay values family connection the most at this point.

Macau hugs him which initially shocked Chay, but hugs him back nonetheless. Chay tries to reassure his friend more by patting him on the back of his head as Porsche usually does for him.

"Chay, can I ask you a favor?" Macau asked after their hug and continued after Porchay nodded. "I need you for a vacation trip next month. Just one week. I already planned everything and all you have to do is to show up and enjoy yourself."

"That's it?" Chay clarified, thinking it would be something heavier. Macau nodded with a smile and mentally pats himself at the back again.

The two have decided months ago to start applying for different universities and so far they've both gotten two letters of acceptance from the same universities. Chay decided to pursue Theatre arts and production and Macau is still decided on a pre-med course and thought he would just decide there what specialty he would take.
They haven't told their brothers this, especially because they've also applied to universities abroad.

"Aren't you going home?" Pete asks in general to the three current occupants of their barely used entertainment room. He was about to take Venice to spend some time in the garden with Vegas, as his hubby.
Tankhun looks up at him and beams a smile as he sees Venice. The oldest of the Theerapanyakul cousins motioned for Pete to hand Venice to him which the other did.
Venice loves the attention he always receives from everyone and Pete is also thankful for everyone, especially Tankhun. The man literally hired a child development specialist and a pediatrician and held a 5-day seminar for both major and minor family's staff. When Pete asked him, all he said was, "We all grew up somehow fucked in the head. Now, we have a chance to finally do something different."

When Venice was already three months old, Vegas was stable enough to move so Khun Korn had asked all of them to visit the main family’s house. To officially talk about business and Porsche taking over the minor family business.

The main family was already inside Khun Korn’s office when they arrived. Surprisingly, Kim was also present.

“Come and sit.” Korn says as he sees the four of them. “I see that young Venice is growing up healthily.” Korn looks at the baby before smiling at Pete who was holding the baby.

“I try to do my best, Khun Korn.” Pete smiles back.

“Ai Pete! Come sit with me!” Tankhun calls which the other immediately follows. Tankhun hugs him.

The rest of the meeting went blurred for Pete as majority of it was Tankhun convincing Pete to let him hold Venice. Although the younger knows that his old boss took care of his younger brothers since they were babies, and that Tankhun was old enough to hold a baby Kim back then, he still couldn’t shake the overprotectiveness for his son.