18) Witch

"You alright there?"

Evelynn glanced up at Chaddick before her, he was smirking discreetly, because that was the first thing he'd said to her at the first Trial by Tale.

"What do you want, Chaddick?" She snapped.

"Oh nothing, I was just wondering if you're lacking on support at the moment?"

Evelynn rolled her eyes, shoving past him and reaching for a bow and quiver from the weapons table.

Chaddick frowned. "What's wrong?"

Evelynn didn't turn to face him. "I told you to get lost yesterday. We're not friends, Chaddick, so leave me alone."

Chaddick didn't budge. "Why are you acting like this?"

Evelynn spun to glare at him. "Talk to me again and I'll target you first in the trial."

Chaddick's eyes widened, he saw the malice in her expression, and more importantly the violet colour of her eyes. Despite still being in her male form. "It's happened, hasn't it?" He uttered.

Evelynn's expression remained stone cold. "If I'm not mistaken you just spoke to me again."

"Lynn."

Evelynn walked past him again, this time intentionally shoving his shoulder with her hand. "Don't call me that."

"What do you want me to call you then?" He snapped after her.

Evelynn didn't respond, gripping her bow in her hand and slinging the quiver over her shoulder as she walked away. Although she didn't answer Chaddick's question, a reply still came to mind...

Call me The Violet Witch.

"Lynn."

Evelynn's body tensed with frustration at another person whining at her.

Sophie was stood beside her, looking as anxious as usual with her thick eyebrows drawn together and her green eyes flitting around, as if she couldn't pick a single spot to focus on for more than a second.

"What are we actually doing...um, when we start the trial. I thought I would've fixed this mess before the trial and didn't consider what to do if I didn't."

Evelynn watched her with cold eyes. She didn't know what she planned to do during the trial either, but she did know that destruction would be a part of it. "That sounds like a mistake on your part."

Sophie finally looked at her, properly, as confusion seeped into her expression. "What? But- we're a team."

"I've never been on your 'team', if you hadn't noticed."

Sophie's eyes flashed with hurt, she thought that they'd grown closer during their time together at the boys' school, she thought Evelynn no longer felt the same hatred she previously possessed. "What's wrong with you. Why are you suddenly acting so cold?"

A short laugh escaped Evelynn's lips, not her light-hearted usual laugh but one that sounded as if she was mocking Sophie, as if her confusion amused her. "But that's just it, I've finally stopped acting; and I don't have time for your pathetic problems that you need me to solve. Help yourself for once."