9) Pink

Evelynn woke late the next day, stirring in her bed and pulling the duvet over her face to shield her eyes from the sun.

Suddenly, all the memories from the night before flooded her mind. She froze, then slowly lowered her duvet, peeking at Agatha's wardrobe across the room, the wardrobe with the sword in it.

Evelynn double took as she saw a figure lying in the bed next to it, a head of ivory black hair.

She leaped out of bed. "Agatha?!"

Agatha woke with a start, her sleepy eyes drifting to Evelynn. "Yes?"

"What are you doing back in our room? I thought you were staying with Sophie. What happened with Tedros? Did the boys find you? Are you okay?"

"The boys found me after you ditched to talk to Chaddick."

Evelynn grimaced. "Sorry."

"It's fine." Agatha's eyes dropped. "What happened to your hand?"

Evelynn glanced at Tedros's ripped shirt still fastened over her palm. "I tried to...rip up my fairytale and the Storian...didn't like it."

The girl winced. "Ow."

A pause followed.

"Can you continue please?" Evelynn persisted, "What happened?"

Agatha flipped onto her back, staring at the ceiling. "I'm in here because I'm avoiding Sophie. And last night Tedros attacked me - we nearly closed the fairytale but he doubted me and ruined it."

Evelynn gnawed on her bottom lip, her brow deeply furrowed. "So, you nearly kissed Tedros but..."

Agatha hid her face with her hands, mumbling through her fingers. "But he thought I'd brought Sophie with me. Then a pink spell came out of nowhere and we started screaming at each other."

Evelynn frowned. "Pink?"

"Yeah."

"Like- hot, 'pink'?"

Agatha's hands dropped, her eyes wide. "Oh, Merlin. Maybe I did bring Sophie with me."

--------------------

Evelynn left with Agatha that morning, practically running through the corridors to get to Hester and Anadil as quickly as possible.

When Hester saw them, her eyes brightened with curiosity. "What happened?"

"It did not go as planned." Agatha stated grimly, "Tedros and I didn't work out."

Anadil face palmed. "How hard is it?!"

"We have suspicions Sophie was involved." Evelynn said.

Hester groaned. "Of course she was."

"But we don't know that for sure." Agatha intervened, a crease in her brow.

Evelynn rolled her eyes. "You can't seriously-"

A scream cut her off, and the girls all flinched, turning to face a cloud of smoke bursting into the corridor.

Nymphs, students and teachers came running through it, waving their arms and yelling.

"What's happening?" Agatha cried, dodging one of the screaming girl's hands.

"THEY BROKE THE SHIELD!" Mona shouted, her face flooded with panic.

Evelynn felt her stomach drop, she clutched her hands into fists, then shoved her way through the crowd, aiming for the stairs in the foyer.