4) Inevitable Destiny

a/n: Hi everyone I accidentally published this early when it was only halfway done! So if you've already read the beginning just skip to the bit you got to. Sorry guys! Thanks for reading! :)

------------------------------------

A gust of wind blew Evelynn's lilac hair up to her left. She crossed her arms across her torso, shivering slightly in the cold.

She'd laid low since Sader's confrontation, but worryingly she hadn't seen Professor Dovey since the encounter in the hallway. Evelynn just attended her lessons as a normal student to get off Sader's radar, but hated that she was starting to like them a bit. Without her disruption everything was running smoothly for the Dean, which was bad, but Evelynn had nothing to fight with, she'd been subdued by her. And after all, she had nowhere else to go.

But she'd still listened to her friends, she was going to hold out until something big happened, which occurred frequently at the school.

In that current moment in time, Evelynn was stood on the broken bridge, a few feet away from the edge. She stared up at the Boys' school with intrigue, desperate to know what it was like behind those walls.

Were they angry? Vengeful? Happy? Sad?

She had no idea.

Who was leading the school? What were the lessons?

The fog wasn't as intense that day, she could clearly make out the sleek black brick of the turrets, the bold red harshly colliding with it. Her eyes drifted to the School Master's Tower, and her breath caught in her throat for a second.

In the window was a figure, a figure wearing the School Master's mask.

And they were looking right at her.

Evelynn clutched her chest, stumbling backwards in shock.

Was the School Master back? He couldn't be. He was dead. No. If he was back, and he was in control of her fairytale, she would have no choice.

She was going to become a witch.

She had to fix it, she needed help. Being evil couldn't be her destiny. But it was practically inevitable if the School Master was back.

Evelynn sprinted back into the school, but as she turned the first corner she nearly ran straight into someone.

"Professor Dovey! I thought Sader had done something awful to you."

Dovey was out of breath, looking at her with wide eyes. "It's not safe to say these things aloud Evelynn, she's always listening." Dovey whispered.

Evelynn frowned, but then noticed two figures behind the Professor.

They were disheveled and covered in mud, their clothes were practically falling apart but...

She recognised that flash of golden blonde on one of them, and the large open eyes of the other.

Evelynn yelped and stepped back. Pointing with her mouth ajar at the two.

Sophie and Agatha.

"Evelynn, don't be irrational." Dovey assured, "Just come with us."

Evelynn blinked. "What do you mean don't be irrational?! What the hell are they doing here!?"

Agatha waved. "Hey Lynn."

Sophie managed a grunt.

"Urgh!" Evelynn cried, "Sorry if I'm being dramatic. But I told myself I would never see their faces again after they left me to rot here. I guess Gavaldon didn't treat you well upon return guys, I mean...I would've been fine if I was the one that went home! I doubt I would've come back with you hooligans to mess things up all over again!"