forty.

Leilani Bree Preston • 18 • Freshman in College

Freshman in College

[a/n idk the process of labour so if anything is wrong then shii]

I don't know how long it took for Reece to drive to the hospital but I do know it didn't take too long, he rushed into the hospital telling them that Carmen has gone into labour.

He came back with a couple nurses and a wheelchair for Carmen, as they were helping her I gathered some of her stuff and the baby bag from the trunk, pressing the button for the trunk to close I stepped back and pressed the lock button on the key.

Checking if the doors were locked I followed behind them carrying this heavy ass bag they had packed like we staying for a weekend or some.

They walked straight towards the elevator with Carmen sweating and groaning in pain from the look on Reece's face that nigga looked scared and worried whereas my mom looked fine as she's been through this process so she knows exactly what should happen.

And from examining her face it seemed that everything that was happening was normal.

They continued to tell Carmen comforting words even though it wasn't working it seemed as if it was going through one ear and straight out the other.

I guess it's the thought and effort that counts.

The elevator dinged to the second floor, the doors opened with a nurse pushing the wheelchair towards a room, they helped her up on the hospital bed before one of the nurses had left and the other one stayed and began to ask Reece questions.

About the space between her contractions, when her water broke and whatever else that followed after it.

"Lee?" Carmen called out "can you come hold my hand please?" Dropping the two bags on the chair by the bed I walked to her side and held out my hand for her to grab, she tightened the hold any time she felt a bit of pain.

"You're gonna be okay" I said in a reassuring tone and rubbed on the back of her hand.

"Alright Carmen" a nurse spoke up in a chirpy voice "a nurse is gonna help you put on this gown" the nurse behind her stood with that ugly ass gown they got people wearing.

"It's fine my sister can help me" she told the nurse having the nurse give the gown to me, the nurse pulled the privacy curtain I could Reece and my moms talking to the nurses but I couldn't make out anything since they were outside the hospital room.

I helped Carmen take off her top thankfully she was dressed in pyjamas so nothing was too hard to take off, I put the gown over her body before I helped her remove her bottoms, I folded the clothes and put them to side before I removed the curtain telling them that we're done.