fifteen.

Leilani Bree Preston • 18 • Freshman in College

Freshman in College

Mid yawn I peeked over my shoulder to see if Kay was asleep and sure was the only problem I had was his being wrapped around me and his body being so closed to mine, I swiftly rolled out of the bed his arm flopping down to where I was just at.

I quickly took 0.5 flick of his face, I decided to take a few but the angle I had made me let a lil laugh, I covered my mouth with my hand and walked over to the plastic bag to get the toothbrush I had used yesterday.

Leaving his room I glanced down the hall to see if the bathroom was currently in use and thankfully it wasn't so I continued my walk I turned on the light and closed the bathroom door behind me.

As I began to brush my teeth I locked the bathroom door cause the more I stood up was the more I needed to pee, rinsing out my mouth I quickly but effectively brushed my tongue before I rushed to go sit on the toilet.

From all of my sudden movements I wouldn't be surprised if someone thought that somebody tryna break in but that wouldn't be possible since they on the second floor, flushing the toilet I got up to pull up the shorts and wash my hands.

Rinsing the toothbrush off I put it in back in packet and turned off the light before I left the bathroom, I heard someone shuffling around in the kitchen and it could only be his mom putting the toothbrush back on the bag.

I went into the kitchen to go thank his mom for last night, as I walked in I made my presence known by making a lil noise beforehand so I wouldn't scare her as I got closer I mumbled a lil "morning".

"Morning you feeling better?" She asked with furrowed eyebrows.

"Yeah the sleep kinda made me feel better but I just wanted to come thank you for yesterday, I didn't mean to intrude but Kay insisted that I come here because you could help me and-"

"It's honestly fine" she interrupted, cutting off my rambling she let out a slight chuckle, "I'm more than happy to help" she reassured and I nodded.

"Thank you again, if it wasn't for you my mom woulda done sent me to summer camp" I chuckled tryna make it less awkward for me as when it comes to new people my brain begins to slack cause of my anxiety.

This is why I needed my blunt cause it's my therapy it washes away my anxiety.

"I'm happy to help anything you need I got you, I'm making a grilled cheese you want one?"

"Yes please" I replied rubbing on my empty stomach.

"So what's up with you and my son?" She asked and I shrugged cause nothing was happening, "girl don't give me the shrug. Tell me" She laughed and continued to take out her ingredients.