"They didn't already explain it to you?"

I ask and he nods.

"They did but I want to hear your account of the events too."

I didn't quite understand the reasoning behind that but whatever, if the old man wants to hear it then I'll tell him I guess. I shuffle on the bed, my hand resting on my injured thigh as I go through the events in detail, telling him about how it all started with Kabuto breaking in while I slept and then Orochimaru attacking me in the alleyway while the others were distracted. I don't think I missed anything out, I doubt very much that what I said was any different to the three men behind me.

"I see..."

Hiruzen breathes, looking past me at the Jonin behind.

"If Orochimaru wants her then we need to do our very best to protect her. We can't let her fall into his hands."

"Uh... I'm sitting right here you know..."

Why the hell is everyone acting so darn worried. As if I can't handle the weird snake dude and his little stalker accomplice.

"We can have someone stationed with her at all times."

Guy said and I look at him.

"Kakashi, I trust you can handle that?"

The Hokage speaks, my mind almost ready to explode as I stand up.

"Whoa, let's take a damn second here. First off, I do not need a baby sitter. Especially him."

I point at the masked ninja who just looks at me with his stupid hands in his pockets.

"Secondly, I do not like being talked about as if I don't have a say in anything you're deciding."

"You don't."

All four of the men said in unison, which is weird I have to say. Not only weird but highly annoying.

"Actually I do. I'm not a member of this village. None of you even know me well enough, so I'd appreciate it if you didn't treat me as if I'm some defenseless, weak female who can't handle herself."

I place my hand on the small table beside me as I stabilize myself, allowing my injured leg to not bear any weight.

"You're right, we don't know you."

The Hokage said as he stands, my eyes following him as he does.

"But I do know Orochimaru and he is not someone you should underestimate."

I raise an eyebrow as I drift my gaze across the three Jonin.

"And you shouldn't underestimate me. I've met people like him before, a man who seeks so much power that he will stop at nothing to get it."

I pause, Kit whining at me.

"I've handled it by myself in the past, I can do it again."

"Aimi, you aren't understanding."

Kakashi says calmly as he moves towards me, my eyes lifting to his face as he gazes down at me, his hand resting on my shoulder as he gives it a gentle squeeze.

"You don't have to do this by yourself, we want to help you. You don't have to fight this battle alone."

I'm sorry but what? In the first time ever I actually think I'm speechless. These men, the Hokage? They want to help me? Nobody ever wants to help me, I'm not even sure I know how to let someone do that.

"You... You do?"

My voice is a little shaky as I keep my gaze on the masked ninjas face, watching him as his hand lifts from my shoulder to rub the back of his neck.

"You bet!"

Guy yells loudly and very enthusiastically from the other side of the room. Jiraiya just gives me a bright smile and I, I honestly don't know what to say. I'm not even sure I know what emotion I'm feeling right now.

"What, no smart ass comment?"

Kakashi teases as I scoff, my face feeling that same warm heat that I felt earlier.

"I guess not..."

I whisper, the masked ninja laughing softly as I gaze up at him again as he smiles down at me. Now I tried not to smile back but he just has this annoying habit that makes it increasingly difficult not to.

"Whoa... You're even prettier when you smile."

Jiraiya whispers and mine and Kakashi's smile drop as we both sigh. Kit diving on top of the Sage to shut him up as I hear him let out a surprised scream. My lips turning up into a smile again as I laugh. Even the Hokage joined in. Is this what having friends is like? I can't say for sure but I am starting to warm up to the idea of sticking around. I think it would be nice to finally find Kit and I a home after all the years on the road, never spending longer than a few days in one place.