Chapter 2

This village was very sweet, most of the people here seemed to be welcoming and friendly enough but I couldn't help but shake the feeling that I was being watched. Probably the ninja from the ramen shack - he wasn't exactly pleased with the fact that I had bought his student lunch. Kind of childish if you ask me. How I must be a terrible human to do such a thing.

"Is that all you need, love?"

The old lady store owner asks, my blue eyes moving to look at her as she hands me a bag of food and water.

"Yes, thank you. Here, keep the change."

I smile brightly and hand over payment, her head bowing in thanks as I place the bag in my back pack, swinging it over my shoulder as I look down at Kit. His gaze locked on the rooftop of the building behind us.

"He's not going to do anything you know, I doubt he's that stupid to attack someone without cause."

I whisper to my fox as we walk away from the shop owner, my eyes lifting to see where Kit was so focused on as I sigh.

"They have rules here, as long as we don't break them. And they don't find out what we are... There won't be a problem."

I smile at Kit as he lets out a growl, walking along beside me as we make our way out toward a field area surrounded my trees.

"Here comes the rain..."

I mutter as large drops start to fall from the skies, Kit and I running to take cover under a large tree as the heavens open. The sound of the rain hitting the leaves almost therapeutic as I sit down, placing my bag beside me as I take out my sketchbook.

"It's gonna be raining a while, maybe take a nap because you are clearly grumpy and I'm not in the mood for your attitude."

I say bluntly to Kit as he sits beside me, his tail smacking me in the face as I shove him in retaliation, a chuckle escaping my lips.

"Idiot."

I say playfully as he lays down beside me, his head on his front paws as I start to sketch out the masked man I met earlier. My pencil making quiet stokes on the page as I occupy myself while the rain continues to pour, my tongue peaking out of my lips as I concentrate.

"As annoying as the guy was, he's is certainly an interesting subject to draw."

I whisper, my fingers brushing the excess pencil from the page as I start to add the finer details.

"It's always the quiet ones that are the most intriguing."

I whisper as I rub Kits head between the ears, his foot kicking out in satisfaction as I let out a yawn. My eyes lifting to the dark grey skies as I place my sketchbook down in my lap - deciding now would be a great time to catch up on some sleep. I mean, the place was pure tranquility right now. It's still warm, the sound of the rain? A sleeping fox beside me? It's practically idyllic. I'd be a fool not to rest right now.

"Maybe just a hour..."

I whisper again, another yawn escaping my lips as I cross my arms across my chest. My head leaning back against the tree as I close my eyes, my breathing slow as I pretty much drift off to sleep within a few seconds of closing my eyes. My body exhausted from all the traveling the days before.

****

"This is a great drawing of Kakashi-Sensei..."

I hear a familiar kids voice drawing me out of my slumber, my eyes peeling open to see his head directly above mine as Naruto stands over me, his feet on the trunk of the tree as he holds my sketchbook in his hands.