Ep VI [Tere Bin]

"Raghav, try to understand. You have the final match in a month!"

Raghav was sitting quietly on the sofa while his coach lectured him. He stared at the floor, unable to answer.

"Raghav! This was your dream, right? You wanted to win the final match, so why the fuck are you not moving your ass!" He scolded. Raghav bit his lower lip, trying to come up with something.

Finally, Raghav looked up and met his coach's intense gaze. His eyes held frustration.

"I understand, bhaiya, believe me! This is still my dream. I want to win the final match more than anything, but Aditi is not well yet. I have to take care of her," Raghav replied, his voice steady.

His coach sighed. "We've worked so hard for this moment, and you're making everything, every single fucking hard work go in vain because of a girl you met a few months ago!"

Raghav took a deep breath, trying not to let his words affect him. He can't do anything for her, even if it means letting go of his dream.

"I'm sorry, bhaiya-"

"I don't need your fucking sorry! I just want you in the ring from tomorrow. I fucking want you to continue your training from tomorrow! Am I clear?"

Raghav nodded, his eyes filled with a little confusion.

"I... I can't promise that. Aditi needs-"

His coach sighed again, his frustration still evident. "You better come tomorrow, Raghav. I've seen great potential in you, and it would be a shame to see it wasted."

Aditi was listening to everything, her heart drowning in guilt, tears streaming down her face. She had never wanted to be the reason for Raghav's dreams to be shattered. She bit the inside of her cheek to stop herself from breaking down.

'If I had not collided with him that night, he wouldn't have to face so many problems today. It's all my fault.'

She wiped the tears, and made her way inside his room. Determined to make him focus on his training.
.
.
.
.
"Aditi, please talk to me. Hey! What is my fault? What did I do?"

Mrs. D'Souza was just smiling at them, seeing how they were acting like a couple. Aditi turned towards Mrs. D'Souza and said with a frown, her lips pouting a little, making her look so adorable, "Please tell him, either he continues his training or stops talking to me."

"Ah... Baba-"

"I heard that, Mrs. D'Souza," he interrupted. He knelt in front of Aditi, licking his lips before holding the wheelchair arms and moving her closer to him. "Aditi, you're being childish! I can continue my training later, but right now you need my help-"

"Mrs. D'Souza is here for me. She can take care of me, right? Mrs. D'Souza, please say something!" Mrs. D'Souza smiled and nodded her head. "Yes, sir, I'm here for her. I'll take care of everything, don't worry. You should focus on your final match." Raghav sighed, realizing he couldn't win against them.

'They should have been part of the Mahila Mandal.'

Nodding his head, Raghav glanced at them and said, "Fine! As you say, your Highnesses, I'll start my training from tomorrow" and knelt like a prince, making them laugh.

Aditi's face lit up with a smile, and Raghav's heart skipped a beat. "If I get such a lovely smile by going to training, then I'll push myself even harder," he thought to himself while staring at her. He couldn't help but admire her smile, which made his heart race in such a strange way.

__________________________________

Next day ||

"Take your medicine on time, and it's very important. If you need anything, ask Mrs. D'Souza instead of doing it yourself, okay?" Aditi smiled sheepishly, nodding her head in agreement. She wasn't a child, but in that moment, she felt like one.