Ep IV [Gal Karke]

"Are you sure you can do it?" Vihaan asked, still doubting her cooking skills. And why wouldn't he? Last time she cooked, the whole kitchen turned into a warzone.

"I'm a MasterChef, don't worry!" She said, cutting the vegetables. Vihaan became nervous as he watched her handle the knife. "Let me cut the vegetables," he insisted, reaching for the knife, but Harpreet kept it out of his reach.

"Sir, I'll do it. Trust me!" She gave him a sheepish smile before continuing her task. "Be careful, don't cut your finger." She rolled her eyes at his words and looked at him. "Oh, so nosy! Why don't you go and read your boring newspaper? Go- ouch!"

"Harpreet! See, I told you to be careful. How careless you are, huh!" He held her wrist to examine the cut, but there was none. Vihaan glared at her, making her smile mischievously before bursting into laughter.

"Are you serious, Preet?" Vihaan was fed up with her pranks. She stopped laughing and adopted a serious expression. "Sorry, sir. But you called me Preet just now!" She giggled again. Hearing her nickname from him felt really nice.

Vihaan sighed, shaking his head at her. "Do whatever you want, but I'll cut the vegetables." He snatched the knife from her and started chopping the vegetables.

She sat herself on the kitchen counter, staring at his broad back. Vihaan felt her intense gaze on him and glanced back at her before focusing on the tomato. "Did you study everything for the test?" He tried to diffuse the awkward atmosphere.

Harpreet frowned upon hearing him. "Do you really have to talk about studies right now?" He laughed at her frustration. "Why not? Your tests are near, and you're very weak in my subject." He picked up a potato and looked at her with a small smile.

"That's because I can't concentrate in your class," she replied, shrugging her arms, causing him to pause. "Why?" He lowered his head, staring at the potato in his hand.

Harpreet got down from the counter and moved closer to him. "Because, look here, sir," she made him look at her and gave him a small, affectionate smile. Vihaan stared at her with a straight face. "Because you always glare at me like this during class," she said, imitating his famous glare.

He bit his lower lip, holding back the urge to smile at her cuteness, and instead maintained his serious expression. "I glare at you to get you to focus and pay attention," he replied, suppressing a chuckle. "But if it bothers you that much, I guess I can try to tone it down a bit."

Harpreet's eyes widened in surprise. "No! No! You look handsome with that serious look and famous glare." He swallowed, taken aback by her bluntness.

"You're making fun of me?" He asked, squinting his eyes playfully at her. She gasped, shaking her head. "No, sir! I swear I'm telling the truth. You do look really handsome in class." He smiled at her and continued to tease her. "So, I don't look handsome here?"

Her eyes widened, and she vigorously shook her head. "No! I mean, yes! No! I mean, you look handsome everywhere!"

Vihaan couldn't help but smile softly at her. She was so innocent, pure, and naughty all at once. He moved a little closer to her, causing her to step back and bump into the counter. He took a step forward again, his eyes locked with hers. Leaning in towards her, he reached for the onion on the counter.

"Why are you just standing there? Go knead the flour at least," she took a deep breath, glaring at him. Her cheeks turned pink. He smirked at her, although not openly.

"Mr. Khadoos!" She yelled at him, causing his eyes to widen. "Really! Ms. Motor!"

"Look! You can't call me that."