Sports Festival Pt. 2

A/N: Yeah… I don't know what I was doing with the last chapter, but this chapter should be better than the last. Enjoy!

____________________________________

The first event, a 4km course around the Sports Field. The hazards were an unknown, making Izuku struggle to decide which 3 quirks to use during this event.

Watching the students tense, he decided he would try to just run across the course, activating quirks as needed.

As he watched the lights change, he tensed the muscles in his legs, and just as the light turned green, he shot forward, jumping over the other students as they got corralled in the corridor. Smirking as he passed Todoroki and missing his attempt to slow the other students. Present Mics voice echoed out as he landed in the field.

"AND THE FIRST ONE OUT, IS MIDORIYA IZUKU! USING AGILITY AND SPEED, HE TOOK THE LEAD QUICKLY! TODOROKI FOR HIS PART IS JUST BEHIND HIM, BUT YOU ALL BETTER WATCH OUT FOR THE FIRST OBSTACLE. ROBO-INFERNO!"

Izuku looked up the path, seeing a group of robots, they ranged from the 2 pointers all the way to the 0 pointers. With a sadistic grin spreading on his muzzle, Izuku found that Overhaul would work great for this event.

Running in, he would destroy a robot here, or unbalance a 0 pointer by destroying a leg. This tactic proved to work, allowing him to make quick work of the robots.

"AS EXPECTED OF THE FORMER VIGILANTE, IZUKU IS PLOWING THROUGH THE ROBOTS, MAKING THE PATH HARDER FOR THOSE TRAILING BEHIND HIM. BUT WHAT'S THIS?!? TODOROKI JUST FROZE HIS LEGS, USING THE ADVANTAGE TO TAKE 1ST PLACE WITH BAKUGOU KATSUKI RIGHT ON HIS HEELS." Mic shouted, earning a grunt from Aizawa who had to share the booth with his loud husband.

"It's logical, Midoriya is a powerhouse, with his brain, experience and abundance of abilities, he would be a tough opponent." Aizawa states tiredly.

Izuku for his part chuckled, allowing Todoroki to pass him… well not allowing him, he was trying to figure out how to break free without injuring himself. Using Overhaul oh a few choice locations, he slammed his fist into the weakened Ice. Breaking free, he took off again, working on getting back to the running. He'd fallen behind and was currently in roughly 15th.

Pushing his muscles to their max, he passed a good bunch of the competition, soon in 5th place, and quickly catching up to Iida who was just running, his engines on a cool down, that being the only reason he'd dropped from 3rd after Izuku was trapped to 5th.

Passing the boy, he soon caught up to Jiro, and with a gentle peck to the cheek as he passed her he chuckled as she tried to stab him with one of her jacks. Waving he took off, arriving at the massive cavern ahead of him.

He'd heard Mic call it something like 'The Fall' or something like that. He stood there looking over his options, deciding the ropes and small pillars was too much, he activated a quirk He'd taken from a young lady who'd freely given it to him.

The quirk in question was called 'Perfect Balance' when he'd taken it from the woman, she'd explained it made her work life hard. As she worked for a company who specialized in Movie platforms that were purposely built to be unbalanced for action scenes, her quirk had halted work a few times. So using said quirk and his natural speed, he took off.

"HERE WE ARE FOLKS, THEY CONTESTANTS ARE AT THE WORKING ON CROSSING THE FALL! IN FIRST PLACE WE HAVE TODOROKI SHOTO, FOLLOWED BY BAKUGOU KATSUKI, AND THEN… WAIT IS THAT MIDORIYA? HE IS RUNNING ACROSS THE WIRE WITH NO ISSUE! WHAT A BEAST!" Mic commentated.

Smiling Izuku ran past Todoroki, who upon seeing Izuku, changed tactics, instead of jumping from platform to platform, he just made a bridge and ran across. Bakugou, took off, using explosions to propel himself across the ravine.

Soon the three heavy hitters were chasing the other. Soon. They approached a sand pit and Izuku was first to notice the warning signs. Deciding to have some fun, he activated Shock Absorption, the only quirk he'd stolen from the Nomu. With that active, Izuku ran through the Minefield, carving a path for the others as the mines exploded. He ignored how he made it easier for the others, instead focused on winning and just as soon. As he passed the mines he was crossing the finish line.

"AND OUR WINNER IS IZUKU 'ANUBIS' MIDORIYA!" Mic shouted as the crowd went wild.

Todoroki and Bakugou, Who were fighting for second, crossed over, Todoroki losing behind Bakugou by less then a tenth of a second.

It soon Didn't take long for the other participants to finish the race, and as soon as Midnight announced as such, they were sent back to their ready room to await the next event.

Izuku sat at one of the tables, eating a high protein bar, when Kyoka, Ochako, Iida, Bakugou and Tsu joined him. 

"So Midoriya, what do you think the next event will be?" Ochako asked as she worked on a small bowl of rice.

"Well, from what I reviewed of the past events, the first one, as we saw was designed to reduce our numbers, if the pattern follows lime past events, the next event will be a team based event." Izuku said as he tossed his now empty wrapper away. "I just hope it's not a cavalry battle, that's an overused challenge and I hope for something a little more challenging." He stated, sounding uncaring.

"Well, if it is, I wouldn't mind being on a team with you Midoriya, Kero" Tsu said as she cocked her head, her tongue hanging out the side of her mouth.

"Yes, a battle against a team would be a great advantage to our future battles" Iida said in his almost robotic way. Since the USJ he'd dropped his disagreement against the boy and was working on trying to befriend him.

"Tch, either way, I'll beat all you extras!" Bakugou Said, but there was no real heat to his words.

Chucking Izuku nodded, "I've heard rumors of a urban based tram battle, I sure hope that is what's next, but there have been rumors of a capture the hill style battle as well."

As the group sat there, talking, Izuku could feel the glare Todoroki kept sending him. He could feel the almost hateful glare, and he knew it was directed at him directly, after his declaration of war, he'd figured Todoroki would be mad at being 3rd in the fist event.

As the class continued to chat, they were interrupted by Mic. "WILL ALL THE STUDENTS PARTICIPATING IN THE SECOND EVENT, MAKE THEIR WAY TO THE FIELD." 

Smiling, Izuku's group stood, "Well, it's showtime!" He cheered as they made their way out. Kyoka, who'd been mostly silent, grabbed Izuku's hand and pulled him into a tender, quick kiss. "I won't be on your team if it's a team battle, I want to try and defeat you myself" she said with a mischievous glint in her eyes.

Izuku for his part, just chuckled and followed her out, keeping his eyes trained on her head, Even though he could tell by the way she was walking, she was trying to flustered him by simply walking with a shake to her hips.

The student body was soon gathered outside, Midnight was once again on her podium. "Well students, shall we see the next event?" She asked as the crowd roared. 

With a flick of the wrist, the wheel spun, slowing down and landing on…

"Capture the Flag" Midnight announced.

"Well then, the rules of this event are simple, students will group up into 8 teams of 4, each team will have a flag strapped to their team leader. The leader will need to keep control of their flag while working with their teammates to gather flags or avoid capture of their own flag." The students looked pumped up, before Midnight snapped her whip. "Now there will be a challenge in this event, Midoriya since you placed first, your team was chosen randomly. Along with this, you'll have two flags you have to defend. Either capture flags or maintain both of your flags. If by the end of the event, you have less than two flags, you will be disqualified from the finals."

Izuku could only grin at that, he was excited, he wanted a good free for all, but this works even better.

"Midoriya, your teammates are…" A large wheel with names spun on screen, "…Hitoshi Shinso, Hatsume Mei, and…" a drum roll started as the final wheel spun, "...Kirishima Eijiro!" Midnight announced. She smiled at the boy as she handed him his flags, and 4 earbuds. 

"Alright you all have 15 minutes to choose a location, and make a battle plan…" Midnight shifted her hips, and smiled wider. "Your 15 minutes… starts…."