Chapter 17

INFRONT OF ME Leo's family stood; they all wore smiles as they stared at me

INFRONT OF ME Leo's family stood; they all wore smiles as they stared at me. Not knowing what to do, I gave them an awkward smile. Leo's hand wrapped around mine and pulled me closer to him. This caused his mom and sister to look at each other while his brother and father gave each other fist bumps.

"This is getting awkward," his brother started. "I'm Leon."

"I'm Emilia," his sister said next. "I'm four years old."

"The name's Leroy," his father said.

Well, there's a pattern.

"I'm Mariette; I'm sorry if we seem a little weird," she smiled. "We're just excited."

"The feeling's mutual," I smiled. "I'm Alyiah."

"Are you my brother's girlfriend?" His sister suddenly asked, causing Leo to choke on nothing and my eyes to widen.

"Alright, that's enough talking for you today," her mother said as she picked her up. "So why are you guys here?"

"We were just going to watch a movie," Leo explained.

"Can I watch it with you?" Emilia asked.

"No!" everyone shouted.

"I need your help in the kitchen, Emilia," his mother said after clearing her throat. "It was nice meeting you, Alyiah. I hope the next time we talk, it'll be less awkward."

"I hope so too." I smiled.

She grabbed Emilia's hand and went into the kitchen. Her husband trailed after her while his brother stood there.

"Is there something you want to say, Leon?" Leo asked.

"Just that she's way out of your league," he shrugged, causing me to laugh.

"What can I say, I was desperate?" I joked, pinching Leo's cheek.

"Whatever," he rolled his eyes, "don't you have something to be doing in the kitchen?"

"No, why would I?"

"Leon Alexander Haynes, get your ass in the kitchen!" his father shouted.

"Yes, sir," he answered, and he immediately went away.

Giving me a small smile, Leo took my hand and led me up the stairs. I trailed behind him, looking at the wall that was filled with family photos, trophies, medals, and certificates. It was obvious his parents were proud of them. I smiled as I saw one of his baby pictures; he was only wearing his diaper, and his father was in the background, chasing him with pants and a shirt.

"Don't look at those; it's embarrassing," he groaned.

"I think you look cute," I said, kissing his cheek.

"Well, I find it embarrassing," he said, wrapping his arm around my waist and pulling me closer. "I hardly see any baby pictures of you."

"You saw the one in my wallet," I argued.

"That's just one picture; I'm showing you a whole gallery," he grumbled.

"After you watch these movies, I'm sure I can show you some," I said, placing my arms on his shoulders.

"Then what are we waiting for?" he asked, then continued the journey to his room.

As soon as Leo had pushed open his room door, I took a step in and looked around. The walls were covered in different posters, ranging from Marvel superheroes to Artic Monkeys and the faces of basketball players. He had a huge bookshelf that consisted of comics, romance, and philosophical books; beside his bookshelf was a desk. It had his laptop and was covered with study cards and graded test papers, none of which he had failed. His bed was untidy, with different articles of clothing thrown on it. On his bedside table were more pictures, mint, his earphones, and a water bottle.

"What do you think?" I heard him ask from behind me.

"It suits you," I said as I sat on his spinny chair.

"It's not nearly as neat as yours," he said as he cleaned off his bed.

"I have a system, and besides, I mostly stay in bed, while you have a social life." I rebutted.

"Okay!" he exclaimed when the bed was finally cleared, ignoring my previous statement. "Let's get this party started."

I took off my converse and hopped in his bed, which was undeniably comfortable. I felt as if I were on clouds; I could feel myself grow sleepy just from the comfort, but I quickly shook myself awake. Leo got himself comfortable beside me as he positioned the laptop so we could both see the film. He drew me closer to him, and I laid my head against his chest and wrapped an arm around his torso while his fingers drew patterns along my back.

"I'm kinds excited," he whispered in my ears as the opening scenes of Tangled played.

And after that sentence was said, he didn't speak again; he was engrossed in the story. He was angry at the obvious manipulation Mother Gothel had implanted in Rapunzel's head, and he showed this by booing anytime she appeared on the screen. He obviously took a liking to Flynn Rider, laughing especially hard at his scenes. I sang along to the songs as the show went by, which amused Leo. It was the final scene where Rapunzel finally reunited with her family, and I could hear sniffling from above me.

"You're not crying, are you?" I asked, moving my head from his chest, only to be met with tear-filled eyes. "My big baby."

"It was a good movie," he answered, sniffling as I wiped the tears that fell from his cheeks.

"You're so cute!" I cooed, pinching his cheeks.

"I'm still mad about her hair, tho'," he pouted.

"It was a symbolic representation of how much he loved her rather than her hair, after only being used for the magic of her hair by Mother Gothel," I explained.

"He still could've given her a nice bob."

"He was on the verge of dying! I exclaimed.

"Okay?" He rolled his eyes. "I would never let you meet your long-lost parents in an ugly hairstyle. I mean, he could've taken her to a salon."

"Next movie, I don't want to start a debate right now," I ordered.

"Yes, ma'am," he saluted, and then pulled up High School Musical 2, seeing as he confessed to watching the first one.

The movie played, and once again I was singing along to every word. I tapped my fingers on his chest to the beat. Every now and then I could hear Leo commenting under his breath, and he died laughing when Troy was singing Bet On It, a scene that I couldn't watch because it was too embarrassing. As the movie came to a close, I could feel myself getting drowsy.

"How was that one?" I asked, cuddling myself further into him.

"Troy's friends are fake; they got mad when they saw him getting a huge scholarship to a school that could help with his basketball career. Maybe Troy could've communicated a bit better and told him what he was doing, but cutting him off when all he wanted to do was secure his future is a bit too much. Gabriella is the only person with reasonable anger; he forgot about their dates and was basically spending time with a girl everyone knew liked him. Again, maybe if he communicated what he was doing, she wouldn't have left him," he rambled. "And Sharpay-"

I was lulled to sleep while listening to Leo complain about the show we just watched, all with a smile on my face.