Chapter 13

"OH WE HAVE company," mom said as she rounded the corner

"Mom, this is Leo," I introduced, he held out his hand for her to shake but she quickly pushed it away.

"I'm a hugger," she clinged onto him in a matter of seconds, over her soldier I saw Leo's terrified face.

"That's enough mom," I pried her off, and she stood there smiling at him.

"Sorry, I'm just excited," she apologized, "Alyiah talks about you all the time."

"She talks about me?" his shy persona was gone and a smug look came upon his face.

"Almost everyday," my mom stressed, "Leo did this or he did that. She's completely ob-"

"Okay," I quickly interrupted, "we get it." 

"You're as red as a tomato," she patted my red cheeks. "That reminds me, I have some groceries in the car. Could you be a darling and bring them in please?"

"Of course Ms. Anderson," he went outside leaving me and my mom.

"You didn't tell me he was coming over," she says as she excitedly hits my arm.

"It just happened," I rubbed at the spot she hit.

"And your uniform and hair is messy," she examined me and then a sly grin took over her features, "were you guys making out?"

"Yes," I mumbled, the blush coming back on my face as she squealed. 

"And this isn't like the peck he gave you in the kitchen?" she asked.

"No mom, I'm talking about lips on lips," 

"Well is he a good kisser?" she asked.

"The best, better than anybody I had ever kissed," I sighed.

"We'll continue this conversation later," she said as she saw Leo approaching, "and I have something to tell you."

"What is it?"

"Ms. Anderson where should I put these?" Leo's voice rung out before she could talk.

"I'm coming," she gave me an apologetic smile before going to help Leo. 

I took this time to go and change out of my uniform, and running up the stairs, I couldn't help but wonder what mom had to share. Normally she only talked about how annoying her co-workers and customers were or how she was going to kill her boss. This time around, she seemed more excited, which means she either got a raise or a promotion or she met a guy.

I'm hoping it's the last option, because although she was doing fine by herself, I knew she felt lonely sometimes. I know I'm not able to relate to her on certain things and can't have certain conversations with her, but I'm hoping that with anyone he finds, they will help fill that gap she had. Besides, I wanted her to experience the nice things she didn't get to do with Dad.