Chapter 5

"YOU'RE JOKING RIGHT?" I asked as I stared in the face of Brandon, "There's no way you're being serious

"YOU'RE JOKING RIGHT?" I asked as I stared in the face of Brandon, "There's no way you're being serious."

"Babe, it was a mistake," he grabbed my wrist.

"Don't touch me," I said as I pulled my wrist from his hands, "and mistake really? That's your excuse."

"You know me, I would never do that on purpose babe," he leaned nonchalantly on the lockers.

"I'm not your babe, stop calling me babe," I spat at him, "you lost the privilege to even call me that when you put your lips on another person and I obviously don't know you because I wouldn't think my boyfriend would go and cheat on me." 

"So what you're gonna throw this relationship away? Everything we had?" he said, his ears getting red from anger. 

This has to be a prank

"Me? I'm not throwing anything away, you're the one who decided to cheat on me and throw away our relationship to the side," I was getting angrier, "Tell me Brandon did you ever stop to think that maybe infidelity wouldn't make a woman stay with you or did you think I would be a pushover like your exes. Did you think about me while you were doing it, how I would feel or how I would react because obviously you didn't."

"But I love you and I know you love me too," he told me.

"If you truly loved me, no matter how intoxicated you were, you wouldn't have done what you did," I shook my head and continued, "I loved you, I truly did but I loved the Brandon that made laugh and made me feel special. This Brandon that's standing in front of me makes me cry and  feel stupid, and I know you're used to girls accepting your half ass apologies but I won't be one of them."

"I'll make it up to you," he said.

As I looked at his face, I couldn't see a trace of remorse, guilt or regret.

"Just leave me alone," I told him, "ignore me."

"Is that what you want?" he said, relief washing over his face, relief that I was getting of his back.

"Yes," and without another word he was gone.

I leaned on the locker for support, my head was spinning and tears welled up in my eyes. The hallways were empty seeing as it was lunch time and everyone was in the cafeteria, and because of this I allowed the tears to fall. I felt like such an idiot, I had dedicated time for this relationship and made sacrifices for us; only to realize I was the only one who was fighting for this relationship to stay a float. I was the only one who cared about about us, I was the one spending nights thinking if I was being a bad girlfriend and I was the one who supported him in whatever he did.

In my gut I knew this wasn't the first time he had cheat on me, but this was his first time getting caught. It pained me to know that every time he kissed me his lips were on someone else's, every word he said to me he had told someone else and every time he touched me his hands had touch someone else's body. So lost in my thought I didn't see the person that was in front of me, not until they called my name.

"Anderson," his voice rang out, worry laced in his tone.

"Hmm," I lift my face from the ground, and I saw his eyes soften when he saw my tears.

"What happened?" he asked, softening his tone.

"I'm an idiot aren't I," my lips trembled, "everyone probably saw it except me. I always said I would know if my boyfriend was cheating on me but here I am crying over him while he's probably tongue deep in Emma's mouth. I-"

I couldn't finish my sentence as I collided into Leo's chest, and that was when the tears really started to fall as I though came to mid. I've never been comforted by Brandon, no matter how many times I was crying all he did was pat my back and tell me to stop  crying and the fact that a boy I had barely even spoken to was holding me like he cared for me made be cry harder.

"Don't cry over that idiot," his voice was muffled by my hair.

"I'm trying not to," my voice wavered as I tried to stop crying.

"You were too good for him," he grabbed my shoulders and moved me from his chest, he wiped the tears on my cheek and said, "you're too pretty to cry."

"I thought you said I wasn't cute," I sniffled trying to stop crying.

"I'm trying to comfort you," he tucked strands of hair behind my ears "I can't tell you the truth at a time like this and technically I called you pretty."

"Sure," I rolled my eyes, "I probably look ugly right now."

"Yeah you kinda do," he nodded, hands still holding my cheeks.

"Shut up," I lightly pushed him, "and what are you doing out here."

"Didn't see you at lunch and got worried," he shrugged, removing his hands and shoving them in his pockets, "and Thomas has been bugging me about the cookies."

"So what you're saying is that you're basically obsessed with me," I joked finally getting rid of my tears. 

"How did you ever find out?" he played long.

"Don't worry about that," I booped his nose, "now come on we have lunch to it."

And once again Leo had managed to get my mind off of Brandon without even realizing.