Chapter 16

"I'M SO SORRY," she said, but I could see her holding back a smile

"You did this on purpose, didn't you?" I asked as I wiped the chocolate from my face.

She shrugged. "I just missed," she said.

"Okay," I said, taking a strawberry from the basket and dipping it in chocolate. Before she could react, I pinned her down and used the strawberry to wipe the chocolate over her face.

"Stop," she said through her giggles.

"Oops, I guessed I just missed." I shrugged and moved off of her.

"Now my face is all sticky," she said, looking up at me with a pout. "How am I supposed to wash this away?"

"Come here." I stood up and held out a hand for her to take, and as she put her hand in, I quickly pulled her up and flung her over my shoulder.

"Don't you dare!" she screamed as she hit my back.

"You have that towel, don't you?" I asked.

"Yes but-"

Before she could finish, I jumped in with her, her tight in case she couldn't swim. As we broke the surface, I couldn't help but chuckle as her hair covered her face, so I quickly brushed her hair back so she could see. Her mouth was opening and closing like a gaping fish; when she finally caught her breath, she quickly pushed off of me and splashed me with water.

"Really?' I asked as I heard her giggling.

The most beautiful sound in the world

"Yes, really, you got me all wet," she said as she moved to the river bank.

"At least your shoes were off." I smiled, but it quickly fell as she started undressing right in front of me. "What are you doing?"

"When you said to bring a towel, I assumed we would be doing water activities, so I prepared." She smiled as if she weren't killing me right now.

"Oh my." I could hear my voice crack as she finally revealed what she had hidden underneath. It was a black set with white frills sewn at the top and around the waist of the bottom. Two daises were embroidered, with one in the center at the top and another at the center of the bottom.

 Two daises were embroidered, with one in the center at the top and another at the center of the bottom