Chapter 6

"WE'VE MADE ALOT of progress my friends," Thomas said as we sat around the lunch table, "and I'm not just talking about basketball

"WE'VE MADE ALOT of progress my friends," Thomas said as we sat around the lunch table, "and I'm not just talking about basketball."

"What are you talking about?" my eyes never strayed from Aliyah's figure. She insisted on going to separate tables, something about needing to study and the boys would distract her.

"You know what we're talking about," I looked over at him reluctantly to show my confused expression, "Aliyah."

"What about her?" I asked, looking back at her only to find her lips pursed in confusion as she read about biology.

"You've been obsessed with her since junior year," Jackson calls from the opposite side of me, "and now that she's not with Brandon you can finally have a chance."

"What even happened between Brandon and her?" a newbie asked.

"You didn't hear it from me, but apparently Brandon slept with her bestfriend," Thomas informed.

"Emma?" Ryker asked surprised.

"How do you even know that?" Killian asked.

"She told me this morning," he said nonchalantly. 

I made my way from the table and over to her, ignoring the calls from the guys behind me. I sat down opposite to her and observed her as she continued her reading not bothered by my presence. I watch as she tucked strands of hair behind her ears, I watched as she tapped the pen in rhythms to help her focus, I watched as she used her forefinger to push her falling glasses onto her face and I listened to the tunes she hummed.

"You know you're really playing into this obsessive stalker thing," she said not taking her eyes off her books.

"I already admitted that I am," I told her.

"Why are you over here?" she finally looked at me, and it was like my heart had stopped beating.

She's so beautiful 

"Are you coming to the game?" I asked, stealing a carrot from her tuber ware., "You bring your own lunch?"

"I can't make it to the game, it's on Friday," she pulled her dish closer to her, "and yes I bring my own lunch, no offense but I don't trust the lunch ladies."

"Why aren't you coming to the game?" I couldn't help but ask.

Why am I so desperate?

"I have practice on Friday," she explained.

"For dancing? But practice stops before six and the game starts at seven," I argued.

"You really are a stalker," she replied, "alright I'll come to the game. See you there."

She started packing up and I decided to help her, I gathered her papers and books. She was about to say something but her faced dropped making me realize there was an unwanted presence, turning around I saw Emma and her little posse. 

"So this is what you're doing now," her voice rang out, I decided to take a seat.

"What am I doing?" Alyiah asked as she moved from her side to stand right in front of me.

Why did my heart stutter?

"You're hanging out with the enemy," Emma responded causing me to roll my eyes, "I thought you were better than that."

"You sound like an idiot, we're in high school we don't have any enemies," Alyiah told her, "and from day one I've told you how stupid this whole 'enemy' thing is."

"Is this your form of revenge," Emma said, ignoring everything Alyiah had said.

"If you think I'll waste my precious time over you and Brandon, then you're more of an idiot than I thought," Alyiah scoffed.

Turning my head, I saw the team moving closer to the table, whether to hear the drama or defend Alyiah. I don't know but I don't stop them.

"Please, its obvious what you're trying to do," Emma rolled her eyes.

"What is she trying to do?" I asked, tilting my head to the side.

"You guys are obviously fake dating or whatever, to get our attention and make us jealous," she sneered.

"She can't be serious?" I heard Thomas from behind me and I heard the team chuckle at his comment.

Alyiah turned around to see the team crowding the table, her eyes widening in size before looking back at Emma.

"I have exams coming up, I don't have the time to be scheming plans just to get back at you and Brandon," Alyiah was becoming frustrated, she had fisted her hands behind her back, "I'm trying to forget about you two, try and forget about me too."

"Wait, what happened between you and Brandon," a brunette asked.

"He slept with Emma," Ryker announced, and it was loud enough for the cafeteria to hear causing the place to become dead silent.

"What?!" the brunette, looked at Emma, "Tell me he's lying."

"Nope, it's all true," Killian said.

Before she could be embarrassed any further, Emma stormed off with a mob trailing behind her. I grabbed Alyiah fisted hands before I could stop myself and pulled her sit beside me, she released I sigh before looking at me then behind me. I ran my thumb over her knuckles waiting for her to unclench her fists, and when she finally did I forced myself to take my hands from hers. 

"Sorry if I told your business, if you didn't want to say anything yet," Ryker apologized, causing us to turn around to face the rest of the guys.

"No, I'm glad you did," she smiled at him, "if you hadn't then she would have spread some weird rumor about me."

The bell rang before anyone could respond and Alyiah immediately got her stuff in her hands.

"Well it was nice talking to you boys," and then she looked at me, "see you on Friday."

"See you on Friday," I nodded, she gave one last smile before she made her way to her next class.

"See you Friday," Amir mocked in a high pitched voice, "my mans got game."

"Shut up," I blushed but tried to hide it, "let's get to class."

I got quickly trying my hardest not blush more after they continued teasing me, but nothing could break my stride because I would be seeing Alyiah Anderson on Friday cheering for me.