Chapter 12

WEEKS FLEW BY after that Friday night, and Leo and I became even closer

WEEKS FLEW BY after that Friday night, and Leo and I became even closer. He made a habit of bringing me breakfast and picking me up before and after school, whether by car or motorcycle. We walked to class together, and I sat with the team at lunch; he occasionally came over just to watch me study. Leo's confession played in my head on repeat, and I finally decided that I wanted to give us a chance. I wanted to be happy, and Leo made me happy. I wanted to feel loved, and Leo made me feel loved. I wanted to have a relationship I could cherish, and I know this could be the one

I was tired of waiting

The school bell had just rung and I was packing up, I looked outside to see Leo standing at the door with a stupid grin on his face. I got my bag and my way to him, he slid the bag off my shoulder and put it on his. As we walked together Leo told me about his day but I could barely respond, my heart was beating in anticipation on how I was going to tell him.

"Are you okay?" we stopped at the passenger side, his hands on the door handle. 

"I'm fine, why do you ask?" Should I just tell him now.

"You've barely talked to me, and you didn't hold my hand," he pouted, "you always hold my hand. Am I annoying you? Be-"

"I don't want to wait anymore," I interrupted him.

"What?" his eyes wide in shock.

"I want to go on a date with you," I caressed his cheek.

"Does this mean I can kiss you now?" he asked and I threw my head back in laughter, expecting it to be a joke but when I looked back at him his face was set in stone, "I'm serious, you don't know how long I've been waiting to."

"Please," my breath came out like a desperate whisper and suddenly his mouth was on mine.

Leo's lips were what I imagined clouds to feel like—fluffy and soft. His teeth nipped my bottom lip, and I couldn't help but smile. I gave him access, and I could feel his tongue against mine. I could taste the gummy bears he had before, and they tasted so sweet. My insides burned with a fire I'd never felt before, and my hands roamed up and down his chest, unable to keep them still. His hand gripped the side of my neck while the other wrapped around my waist, pushing me against the car door.

I expected the kiss to be soft and gentle, but I was proven wrong when Leo's lips moved against mine with hunger, like he was a starving man eating his first meal in days. I could feel him trembling under the hold I had on his arm, like he was holding himself back. I tried to move my body against him, trying to get more of him, but he pinned me firmly against the car door, and that's when I came to my senses and realized we were still in the school's parking lot.

"Leo," I broke away from the kiss, panting for air, but he dipped his head trying to find my lips. "Leo, stop."

"Why?" he dipped his head in my neck, leaving trail of kisses, "Am I not making you feel good?"

"Trust me you are," my trembling hands came to his shoulders to push him off, "but we're in the parking lot. I don't want to get in trouble."

"Ok," he nodded, "but just one more."

"No, you're gonna get carried away, let's go," he gave me a pout then opened the car door for me.

"Please, just one more," he whined as I buckled in.

"Get in the car," I rolled my eyes at him, but I couldn't hide my smile.

He ran around to the driver seat and flung the bags around the backseat. He buckled up and turned to me.

"Will you give me a kiss now?"

"When we arrive at our destination," I crossed my arms to look stern.

Without another word Leo started the car, and we were making our way home.

"Will you go on a date with me?" he asked as I turned off the radio.

"Of course," I looked at his side profile.

"Great, I would say tomorrow but I know you have that Biology test and you'll be stressing after it," he looked at me for a brief second.

"I don't do that,"

"The last test you had, you wouldn't stop crying because you thought you wrote the wrong answer," he argued, "and you still got a hundred."

"I take pride in my grades,"

"It's nothing to be ashamed of, it's actually really sexy," he winked at me, "but I don't want you stressing over a test, it's not healthy."

"I know, but I'm getting better," 

"Yes, you are," he took his hand placed it on my thigh, drawing circles.

"So what kind of date are we going on?" I asked trying to distract myself from Leo's hand.

"I'm thinking of taking you on a picnic, you'll like that right?" we were now approaching my house.

"Anywhere you are I'll be fine," Leo gave me a look that screamed 'Don't ever say that again' causing me to laugh.

"That was too cheesy, even for me," he shut down the car. "Here we are at our destination and I do believe I was promised something."

"Can you wait until we're inside," I reached for my bag and pulled the door.

He basically sprinted to the front door and stood there waiting for me as I walked up the walkway. I decided to go extra slow on purpose, just to tease him.

"Don't make me come get you," he started to walk off, but I quickly ran up to him.

I place the key and twisted it and as I pushed open the door, Leo's mouth was on mine once again. I could hear the door closing and I felt my bag being pushed off my shoulders, suddenly my back connected with a wall. My mind was foggy and my legs were weak, Leo's hand that was holding my waist was the only thing keeping up and he must have realized this as he tapped my thighs signaling me to jump.

Wrapping my thighs around Leo's waist, my back arched against the wall and a moan slipped from my lips when his hands started to knead my ass. His lips moved from my mouth and to my neck, I gripped onto his hair and moved my face to the side so he could have more access.

"Leo," I couldn't contain the moan that came out my throat, and I felt him groan against my skin.

"Baby, you can't say my name like that," his voice was hoarse as he spoke.

Right when we were about to kiss again, I heard my mom's car engine coming up the street. I quickly jumped down from his waist and gave him one last peck.

"That's my mom," I explained.

"How do you know that?"

"I've studied what her car sounds like," I started to brush down my hair.

"Oh my gosh, this is the first I'm meeting your mom," he panicked.

"Calm down,"

"Calm down? You can tell me to calm down at a time like this, I'm about to meet the most important person in your life," he rambled, "what if she doesn't like me, or what if she likes pay me off to being with you, because I would take the money but I would tell you. And I look a mess, I mean who wants to see me in this uniform and my hair is more messy than usual because of you. And-"

"Honey, I'm home," the voice of my mother cut him off causing him to look at me with wide eyes.

Here we go