63

ALL I DO

ALL I DO.
{ irl }

kian walks with lucas and nick as they return to the beach and join everyone else. she's hoping that being with the whole group would make it less awkward between them.

they haven't talked about the kiss at all. although, in truth, they haven't talked at all in general.

"hey guys!" adie welcomes their return with a bright smile and an enthusiastic wave. she and olivia are sitting on the towel, listening to a calming playlist that matt had put on earlier.

nobody knows where zade is — but nobody really cares, either.

while in the shop together, lucas explained that he had never really met zade before. they had a science class together and he seemed nice, but that was the extent of their friendship. when zade heard about their beach trip, he started begging luke to let him tag along. and since lucas thought he was a nice guy at the time, he agreed to letting him.

he now knows that was a mistake.

nick looks down the beach and sees chris and camille walking along the shoreline. they're laughing and smiling, making nick feel a bit jealous — since his time with lucas ended so poorly.

"where are matt and niola?" nick asks, not seeing them anywhere on the beach.

"they're in the water somewhere." olivia says.

nick looks out across the horizon, but doesn't see them. as soon as he's about to worry, their heads pop out of the water.

the water is up to their shoulders as the waves gently rock back and forth against the beach.

nick can hardly see them from this distance. but he can tell that niola is laughing as if matt told a joke while they were underwater. he's watching her with a smile on his face.

again, nick feels jealous.

what did he do so wrong? why can't he have what they have? is it something he did? or has he just not found his true love yet?

just as he's about to spiral into insanity, lucas walks over to him. when nick feels luke tap him on the shoulder, he jumps and spins on his heel. he's so used to his brothers that he nearly yells  chris's name.

"sorry for scaring you." lucas apologizes, "again."

"it's fine," nick responds awkwardly, not knowing what to say in this situation.

they stand in silence for a moment. lucas is trying to work up the courage to ask nick what he came over here to say, while nick is awkwardly swiping his heel against the sand.

"do you wanna swim with me?" luke asks quickly, forcing the question out as to not draw out the moment. "if you want, we can hang out with your brother and his girlfriend."

"oh, they're not dating." nick says, not answering his question.

"are you sure?" lucas asks. "i've seen them kiss like ten times."

nick's eyes widen. he knew they've gotten closer and have been talking to each other non-stop. but kissing!?

"y'know what? yeah. lets go swim." nick agrees. "i need to talk to matthew."

niola and matt don't notice nick and luke coming up to them. niola is laughing at matt for completely missing her face when they tried to kiss underwater again. whenever niola initiates the kiss, it's all fine and dandy. but when matt does, he misses her face or kisses her chin instead or does something to mess it up.

"let me show you," niola says before grabbing his wrist and dragging him under the surface. both their eyes are closed. niola reaches forward and feels around to find his face. suddenly, her hand meets his shoulder.

she gently traces her palm up his neck to find his head. when she does, matt's breath hitches and he nearly chokes on the saltwater. she places her thumb on his bottom lip, trying to map out where to kiss him.

niola leans forward, knowing where his mouth is. but matt swerves and dodges her kiss. niola gasps, sucking in some water. she stands above the surface, coughing up water. matt comes up beside her, laughing.

"i guess you're not as good as you thought, nia." matt teases.

"only because you fucking moved-" just as niola is about to yell at him some more, nick beats her to it.

"MATTHEW!" niola and matt both turn toward the sound of nick's angered voice. he's marching toward them with luke trailing behind him, confused.

"what's your problem?" matt asks, mad that his brother interrupted his niola time.

"you and niola kissed?" nick asked, sounding more betrayed than angry.

matt used to tell his brothers everything when it came to niola. they had to sit and listen to him rant about his crush. and as much as they complained about it, nick now finds himself missing it. because matt didn't even think to tell nick or chris about their relationship.

"uhh," matt says, looking at niola for help even though she can't do anything in this situation.

"why didn't you tell me?" nick asks.

"i didn't know how." matt says, defeatedly.

nick knows that this is a stupid thing to get so pissed about, but he can't help it. for the past week, matt has hardly talked to him. he's been on the phone with niola all day. and when they're not calling, he's waiting for her to text him.

of course, nick doesn't blame niola for this. how could she know that her love for matt has driven a wedge between him and his brothers.

well, brother.

nick has noticed that matt and chris have been talking like normal. but when nick tries to join into their conversation, they quickly change the topic like he's not allowed to know what they're talking about.

"does chris know?" nick asks, even though he's pretty sure he already knows the answer to that. matt just looks down at the water. nick takes his brother's lack of response as an answer.

so, he told chris about this, but not nick? they've been talking and bonding over something that they've been blatantly hiding from nick all week?

"nick-"

"no. don't apologize." nick says, shaking his head slightly. "you should be able to open up about this at your own pace. but i don't know what i did to make you not trust me."

"you didn't do anything." matt says, but nick doesn't believe that.

..
a/n : u guys should def go follow my pinterest 🤞😝
https://pin.it/5VizspW
(if this link doesn't work, i have all my socials linked on my carrd)
..