17

ALL I DO

ALL I DO.
{ irl }

the final bell rings, declaring that niola's horrid trigonometry is finally over. within just a few seconds, everyone is already piling out of the door to get away from the classroom as fast as possible. not to mention, this is also their last period of the day so school is over as well.

niola stands from her desk and begins packing everything into her bag. as she's knelt down to the ground, a few pencils roll out of her hand and across the floor. she groans in annoyance before she reaches to pick them up. but someone else grabs them before her. niola looks up at the person crouched on the ground beside her.

"niola, right?" he asks with a sheepish grin.

she immediately  notices the boy as the student who sits in the desk in front of her. they've never spoken, but she's acknowledged him due to his extremely tall height – which is a curse for whoever sits behind him. nearly everyday, she breaks her neck to be able to read the board because his head blocks the entire thing.

"mhm," she hums, quickly taking her pencils from him and stuffing them into her bag. she slings the bag over her shoulder and looks back up at the boy – who is just staring at her. niola raises a brow at his behavior, "did you help me only to ask what my name is...?"

"uh, n-no." he stammers. "i heard that you're dating matt- i mean, uh, matthew sturniolo. and i just wanted to, uhm, let you know that he's likely not the ch-charming boy that he's acting like he is."

"excuse me?" niola scoffs. she stands up from the floor and glares down at him. "we've never talked to each other before and the first conversation we have is all about you shitting on my love life? let's just say that's a horrible first impression."

"i'm just trying to help!" the boy defends himself quickly. he blocks niola from walking away from him before continuing. "look, i know what guys smiliar to him are like. they, uh- they like to date whatevery girl they can get their hands on. and you seem like a smart girl. i-i just don't want him to ruin you or break your heart."

niola rolls her eyes, "i appreciate your concern, but i can handle myself."

'what is wrong with guys wanting to control everything in my life? first zade trying to flirt with me for YEARS, and now this random boy coming up and attempting to get me away from matt? i'm so sick of this! why can't i date whoever i want?' niola thinks to herself.

she shoves the boy aside and storms out of the class. blinded by irritation, niola doesn't even notice that matt is already waiting right outside of the door. she slams into his chest and lets out a huff of annoyance. without bothering to look at the person she just collided with, she pushes past him. matt's brows furrow, immediately sensing that something is wrong. he grabs her wrist to stop her from walking any farther away from him.