20

ALL I DO

ALL I DO.
{ irl }

..
a/n : ik the triplets don't drink or anything, but in order for the plot to make sense (and to make this a much more realistic high school party) they DO end up drinking a bit.
..

everyone else seems to have gotten a much more detailed invitation than matt did. he had no idea that there was a pool, but everyone else must have since they all brought bathing suits whereas matt, nick, chris, camille, and niola didn't.

of course, it doesn't matter all that much considering the fact that there's a lot of other things to do rather than swim.

"look! a game table!" camille shouts, grabbing niola's forearm and giggling as she says, "if we can't swim in the pool, we can play pool." she then drags niola away toward the room with a pool table in it, leaving the triplets alone.

matt watches the girls — mainly niola — walk away from them. he's never seen her in a dress. she's normally wearing baggy jeans and whatever shirt she finds first. but niola in a dress? it's unheard of. he doesn't see her as any more beautiful than he did before. she's still the same gorgeous girl who teases him in class and doesn't shy away from any challenge. 

the only difference now is that the dress she's wearing accurately reflects the beauty within her.

the glitter and the shimmery material compliment not only her body's curves but also her personality and her mind.

"should we leave?" nick teases, making chris chuckle and matt raise a brow.

"what're you talking about?" matt asks.

"i mean, you're looking at niola as if she's a literal goddess." nick explains. "she's not even over here, and i feel like chris and i are third-wheeling."

matt rolls his eyes at nick, "you don't have to go anywhere. i'm leaving anyway."

"you can't just walk away when we bring up a topic you don't want to talk about."

"one? i'm not running away. i'm going to get a drink because i'm thirsty." matt says. "two? yes i can."

as matt walks away, chris laughs and cups his hands around his mouth before he calls out, "don't get too drunk! you're driving us all home!"

nick and chris watch as matt walks away into the endless swarm of people. apparently, amelia is quite popular. nick feels like there's ought to be at least a billion people here.

chris sighs, tipping his head back against the wall behind him. "this party is shit."

"you're what's making it shit." nick says, causing chris to lift his head off the wall and glare at his brother. "i'm gonna go find niola."