33

ALL I DO

ALL I DO.
{ irl , messages }

it's been two weeks since niola realized that she has a crush on matt. and throughout the duration of those weeks, niola has ignored matt as much as possible.

she feels horrible for doing this to him, but she just needs time to process her feelings.

matt still gives her a ride home every day after school, and niola still sits in the front. in order to make sure the whole ride isn't awkwardly silent, camille always strikes up a conversation with niola — which niola really appreciates.

speaking of niola and camille, they've become incredibly close friends. for some reason, after niola told camille the truth about hee feelings for matt, everything felt so natural and trusting between the pair.

camille has been over to niola's house a few times, but niola has yet to bring herself to tell camille the truth behind why her parents are absent. she's told her a lie, knowing that it'll only last a short period of time before camille notices something is off.

niola said that her parents are away on a business trip for a while. camille said that was a relief because she was scared to meet her parents. they laughed, and niola quickly moved on from the topic.

"do you want to go to the triplets' house?" camille asks.

it's currently saturday, and they've been hanging out at niola's house for the past few hours — watching movies and playing with rayne — but they've quickly become bored.

camille loves niola, but she's used to going to the triplets house every weekend. now, she has to balance between their house and niola's. it's kinda stressful.

niola sighs, "i'd love to. but dong you think it would be awkward between matt and i? plus, i still need to watch rayne."

niola can tell that camille misses visiting the triplets. she knows how close she and chris are, but niola can't help but worry about matt.

"i don't mean to make you feel pressured to come with me, but i think it would be good for the two of you to start talking again." camille says. "don't you miss the relationship you guys had?"

"yeah." niola's expression becomes sad. "yeah, i do."

camille sighs, picking up rayne and holding the child on her hip. "matt told you that he'd always be fine with rayne coming over, didn't he? if we went over, you wouldn't even have to talk to him. we could hang out with nick and chris. or each other, if that's what you're comfortable with."

niola really doesn't want to see matt. even if they don't talk, knowing that he's in the same house will make her feel nervous. but she knows how badly camille wants to hang out with chris, so niola agrees.