4 | first glance

Magsimula sa umpisa

The sapphire of his turned a darker shade of blue as he let his heart do the thinking for the very first time. Despite the willingness to turn away from the occasion, the brewing passion overpowered his perception, clouding his gaze that seemed to have turned hazy at the moment.

The man was not in his senses as he looked at the bewitching sight in front of him. And he couldn't help the thought that crossed him.

"Masha'Allah !" He whispered to himself. "Allahumma Barik!"

Those eyes that he got a glimpse of appeared as sweet as the darkness of night, as beautiful as the depth of dark hazy clouds and as wild as a fierce and passionate lightning stroke.

An enchantress stood there, her eyes looking up at the beautiful chandelier that was hung in the middle of the hall. Her slender yet alluring frame wrapped with the same zardozi worked dupatta that covered her hairs. Her breathtaking face held a small, almost unnoticeable smile as she took in the beauty around her but nothing could be compared to her. Ever.

Those dark captivating irises were focused on the dangling jhoomaar. The dark pink contrasted her pale colour very well. Her long tresses were braided loosely that peeked lightly from behind the dupatta.

Those kundhan jwelleries did justice to her dazzling appearance and Zaviyar felt as if he can look at her his entire life and wouldn't take his eyes off her for even a moment. The sudden twitch in his heart expanded throughout his chest and he took a deep breath in.

"Mr. Azlan?" He was too stunned to speak as he looked at the guy.

"Yes!" His deep voice came out rough. The boy visibly flinched.

He was about to turn back but then stopped himself as if thinking something and called the guy from before.

"Suno bache?" The boy grinned at the amount of respect his words carried.

"Ji Sahab bolein?"

As he turned around to look at her again, he noticed that she was nowhere to be found. His heart suddenly dropped.

He half-heartedly turned back to him before patting his shoulder and made him way towards the sitting area. His steps never faltering, as the giant of a man made his way, with authority and power oozing his frame.

Bi Jaan glared daggers at Benazir as she tried pulling the dupatta closer to herself a little in order to hide the backless full blowse.

"Just get the hell with it, Benazir!" She whisper yelled dragging the girl by her arm, clenching it tightly in her skinny palms. Her bones digging in Benazir's skin making her wince audibly.

"Set the lights." She directed before harshly shoving the girl on the stage.

The lights got dimmed, curtains slowly opening and successfully attracted attention of everyone present in the hall.

Sounds of ghungroos echoed in the silent atmosphere slicing through the thick layer of air. Benazir's steps faltered as she made her way towards the centre.

Her hands were clammy, her heart trying to leap out of her chest. Nervousness crawling it's way to her. The sudden attention to herself made her self conscious.

She closed her eyes tightly trying not to think about the audience and certainly not about hungry men gawking her.

Ladies behind her assembled themselves accordingly and took their pose while Benazir sat down on the floor, her face hidden behind the veil she'd casted upon herself with her dupatta.