Ch 23 |•| she hated it.

Clara woke up with a jolt. She felt arms tighten around her making her flinch as she looked back at a sleepy Lorenzo.

"God you scared to hell out of me," he groaned easing his grip on her as he shuffled back so he was right against the backboard of her bed. Clara looked back at him with an eyebrow raised before looking back infront of her.

Flashbacks of the night before came back to her filling her up with embarrassment. She turned away hiding her face with her hand as her cheeks burned bright red. "Erm... I'm gonna take a shower," she said scampering out of Lorenzo's arms as she made her way towards the bathroom.

"Clara wait-" Lorenzo started but Clara rushed into the walk in cupboard closing the door before he could get the rest of his sentence out.

She let out a sigh before banging her head in the door twice. Clara let out a soft groan clenching her eyes shut as she tried to stop thinking about it. She made her way into the bathroom. She stripped her clothes before catching a glance at herself in the mirror. Apart from the one on her arm she didn't have a single bruise on her body. She eyed her scars in contempt and disgust but she couldn't bring herself to look away. She gently traced her biggest one. It came down from the middle of her back right down to just above her belly button.

She would never forget that day. She had been late home as she had missed the bus and it started raining. She had ran as fast as she could but there was only so much her small malnourished legs could do.

He had slashed her with a knife.

After that he hadn't touched her for a while. He felt guilty. But when he realised he could get away with it and nothing had happened he began to get worse. Doing whatever he wanted as if she was a doll and not a human.

She blinked the memory away her eyes trailing up to her face. Her eyes were dead. There was nothing in them. She let out a breath closing her eyes as she turned away. She didn't want to see herself anymore. She looked around before grabbing a black towel hung up near the door. She grabbed it before climbing up on the sink and tucking it in the little wedge between the mirror and the wall. She did the same on the other side before pulling it down so it was covering the entire mirror. She let out a content sigh before turning around to shower.

After about half an hour she stepped back into her room dressed in a pair of black sweatpants and a light yellow hoodie. She ran her hands through her damp hair as she let out a sigh. She went to leave before pausing slightly and listening to hear if anyone was out in the hallway. She really wasn't in the mood to speak to anyone.

But she was hungry... she had never really felt this before. Being hungry and simply being able to just go downstairs and eat. She slowly pushed the handle down before opening the door and stepping out onto the landing. She peaked around not seeing anyone urging her to continue walking. She made her way down the stairs before turning right and heading into the kitchen.

She froze as she eyed Andreas who was leaned over the counter head down as he waited for the coffee to finish brewing.

Was it too late to run?

Apparently so as Andreas looked up immediately standing up straight as he saw Clara.

Clara didn't care that he had seen her as she promptly turned around running right back up to her room. Andreas called out for her but to no avail as she just kept running.

Right back up the stairs, across the landing and back into her room.

She hated this. She hated it so much. She was once again hiding bruises, too scared to go down and eat and hiding in her room as if she was a caged animal. She felt trapped... again. She felt as though she couldn't even breathe too loud without someone storming in.