Ch 4 |•| cold

Clara looked at the sushi on her plate before looking back at Andreas who was giving her an amused smile.

"I promise they're good." He repeated for the upteenth time but Clara just looked at them skeptically. She didn't like the way they looked. And they smelt weird. And there was no way raw fish would be good.

"You eat one first." She said nudging the box towards Andreas. Part of her was scared it was some trick. Andreas gave her a playful eyeroll before picking one up and stuffing the whole thing in his mouth. He chewed slowly and thoroughly before swallowing it all in one gulp. He then gave her a pointed look almost as if to say 'see'.

Clara let out a sigh before narrowing her eyes at the meal Infront of her. She hesitantly picked one up with her thumb and pointer finger before turning it slightly to Inspect it. She gave Andreas one last look before slowly taking a bite out of it. She chewed it slowly moving it around her mouth a little before putting the rest of it down. She leant back in her chair with her arms crossed as she stared at the sushi with furrowed eyebrows.

"Well," Andreas said trialing off slightly.

"I can't tell if I like it or not." Clara said softly tilting her head slightly.

"Take another bite. You either like it or you don't " he said taking another one off the plate and putting it in his mouth. Clara let out a breath before picking it up again and putting the whole thing in her mouth.

She chewed for a bit before swallowing. Andreas looked at her waiting for a reaction when she suddenly looked at him.

"Ive decided I don't like it." She said with a small nod. Andreas let out a breathy chuckle before picking up the plate.

"Wait here I'll get you some chicken nuggets." He said before standing up while taking another sushi of the plate. Clara nodded before looking back down at her lap. She let out a breath before beginning to play with her fingers. They began to tremble slightly making the girl nervous. She swiftly put them under her thighs with a heavy breath. why was she getting so anxious all of a sudden?

Suddenly a box was dropped Infront tof her with a far more appetising meal inside. So this is what they call chicken nuggets. Clara had heard people talk about them but she'd never actually seen them. She slowly reached out for one before taking a small bite out of it.

She chewed slowly just like before but found that she preferred the chicken nuggets alot more than the sushi. She gave Andreas a sheepish smile before taking a bigger bite.

"I'll take it you like nuggets then." He muttered under his breath making a mental note just incase. Just then he spotted Emilio approaching them with a big smile and a bag filled with Apple products. Clara was far too immersed in forcing herself to finish her second nugget to notice.

She couldn't not finish it as they had spent money on it. Even if they were super rich, as they had made very clear, it wasn't any reason to waste it. So she took another bite. Clara chewed extra slow to prolong swallowing as she felt like she would throw it all up if she did.

Emilio reached their table before throwing his things down in the booth next to Clara. Clara gave them a quick once over before going back to her chicken nuggets. Though when a hand suddenly swooped down and took one she couldn't help but sit there in shock. She wasn't going to eat it but still.

She looked at Emilio with her eyes narrowed before looking back at her box with a small pout on her face. He could've at least asked. Emilio, like always, was completely oblivious as he happily ate the nugget but Andreas, as always, noticed. He gave Emilio a swift kick under the table making him glare at Andreas. Andreas only rolled his eyes before gesturing to their little sister.