Ch 2 |•| black and blue

Clara was stressed. Did she wait for someone to come get her or did she just go downstairs? Would they hit her for going downstairs?

She sat up in her bed fiddling with the blanket that lay messily over her legs. Clara had woken up confused and the most comfortable she had ever been in her whole life. She looked around the massive room that could probably fit her entire old house in it three times over in pure awe. Though the room was rather bare with only pale yellow wallpaper and a large bed in the middle.

There was no furniture but that didn't take away from its beauty. Clara began to bite her bottom lip as anxiety and confusion rushed through her. Surely this wasn't her room? It was way too grand. Maybe they had just put her here for the night. Clara was brought out of her thoughts when a knock sounded out through the room.

When she didn't say anything the door opened to reveal a smiling Emilio. As soon as he saw she was awake his smile widened as he approached her bed.

"Good morning sorellina. Did you sleep okay?" He asked. Clara nodded making him smile even wider if possible. "We're gonna have some breakfast now." He said looking around the bare room. "Sorry the room is so bare. We wanted you to be able to decorate it yourself. You can order all the stuff today and we can have it ready by tomorrow."

Clara's eyes bulged out of her head as she looked at Emilio in shock. This was her room?

"This is my room?" She asked making Emilio look at her weird.

"Of course. What is it not big enough? I'm sure we have a bigger one you ca-"

"No no it's perfect. Sorry." She said making Emilio's smile fall slightly.

"There's nothing to be sorry for." He said making her nod. It was silent for a moment before Emilio took a breath, "well if you want you can take a shower first. Your bathroom is just through there." He said pointing at a door Clara had failed to notice.

"Okay," she whispered looking down to avoid eye contact with Emilio.

Rule No. 4: don't ever make eye contact

"Okay." She heard Emilio say but he made no efforts to move. the room descended into silence as Clara awkwardly waited for Emilio to leave.

Emilio stood for a moment just standing before Clara cleared her throat bringing him out of his thoughts. "Right well uhm I'll go now" he said giving her one last smile before he left the room. Clara let out a breath she didn't realise she was holding as soon as she heard the click of the door.

She slowly pushed the blanket off of herself before throwing her legs off the side of the bed. She sat for a moment before standing up and making her way towards the large oak door on the right hand side of the room.

She carefully twisted the door knob before pushing it open but was left confused when she didn't find a bathroom but instead found an empty walk in closet with a other door at the back.

Her eyebrows lifted in surprise as even more confusion waved through her. What had she done to deserve this?

She slowly stepped in looking at the bare closet before opening the second door this time leading to an actual bathroom.

Clara stood in awe as she stared at the bathroom that probably cost more than her. "Holy moly," she whispered stepping in taking the decor in. She looked at the bathtub which had a towel hung up beside it before looking at the massive shower in the corner.

She didn't even have to contemplate her options before heading towards the shower. He always tried to drown her in the bath. She wasn't trying to relive those memories.