Chapter Twenty-eight

CHAPTER TWENTY-EIGHT

Jael watched Shiloh's long lashes flutter subtly as he slept. Her eyes fell onto his pink and perfectly shaped lips, with a poignant cupid's bow at its peak. Though Jael was always aware that Shiloh was incredibly good-looking, but now, the love she had for him made her perceive him in a new way. He was absolutely perfect to her and the declaration of love they shared prior to falling asleep cemented the fact that he was really hers. The three simple, yet weighty words were something neither of them took lightly and they had finally admitted it to one another. It made Jael feel naked and vulnerable, but the safety that Shiloh curated overweighed all those anxious feelings.

Whilst retrieving her phone from the bedside table and unplugging it from the charger, Jael decided she would let Shiloh sleep longer before waking him up so they could order a spread of breakfast via room service. She unlocked her phone and spent the next few minutes replying to messages from her friends, which were mostly excited chatter in response to her and Shiloh's date. Jael then swiped down on her phone to view the notification centre and see what other alerts she had on her phone. She saw that someone had randomly liked her picture at a random time in the morning and absent-mindedly clicked on the notification. However, when she was taken to the app, the 'like' notification was nowhere to be found. This immediately indicated that said person was likely lurking on her page and liked a picture by accident. She frowned slightly as she typed in as much of the Instagram handle as she could remember into the search bar.

'@EmaniTaeee_' popped up in the suggestions of her search and she clicked on the page curiously, realising she recognised the girl from somewhere. She scrolled through the page hoping it would jog her memory, passing a few bikini pictures taken in Greece and a picture in a luxury car. She finally stopped scrolling once she remembered where she had crossed paths with Emani.

She transported back to the night of Loco's release party where Emani spent most of her night starring at Jael, due to irrational jealously about her friendship with Shiloh. Shiloh himself dismissed his relationship to Emani, regarding her as irrelevant so Jael did not bother thinking about her ever again. She chuckled to herself as she imagined how the night would have ended if Chioma ended up fighting Emani, as she so desperately wanted to. It would have been one of the many crazy things her friends had gotten into over the past year, and Emani probably would have been battered until she was black and blue.

Jael was annoyed that Emani was stalking her Instagram page, but it was not anything she would to lose sleep over. She had so much going on that it was vital to filter out when it was necessary to use her mental energy and Emani was not at all worth that. She opened up her direct messages and responded to Chioma who had sent her two pairs of Rene Caovilla heels, asking her to choose the one she preferred. She swiped back out of Chioma's message and saw that she had one more message in her 'requests' than she usually did. Sure enough, there was a message from Emani and the preview read "Hi pretty, don't think you know me but my names Emani and I think...".

A feeling of dread descended upon Jael as she knew nothing good was likely going to come out of Emani's message. She was familiar with the concept of 'coming to you as a woman', despite never having experienced it herself. A sickly intuition told her that she as going to have her first run in with it. She quickly opened the message, eager to see what else had been written.

Hi pretty, don't think you know me but my names Emani and I think you are seeing Shiloh. I've seen you on his snap etc and I just thought you should see this because I wouldn't want anyone violating me so I think it's right that I let you know x

- @EmaniTaeee_

Shiloh had not been explicitly public about his relationship with Jael, but he wasn't exactly hiding it either. There were time's where he was taking a snapchat video of himself or something and she may have walked past in the background. He could be taking a clip of something they were watching on the TV and her laughter or commentary could be heard in the background and he didn't see any reason to avoid that because he was not ashamed of their relationship, nor did he feel like he had anything to hide. People were used to seeing Jael on his social media because they were close friends, however, those who were paying close attention would notice that they were together more frequently. The location of his social media posts was now the background of her flat as opposed to his bedroom at his mother's house. It was clear that Emani was one of those paying close attention.