Chapter Ten

CHAPTER TEN

Welcome to London city, it's a treacherous place
Everybody lost someone they can never replace
And a coffin or a cell is only seconds away
Feds stopped me and they search me
And they're checkin' my name
And if they find what's in my balls, that's a ten or a eight
Plus a recall with a guilty plea
I'd rather that than let them kill the G
In the mornin', light my spliff up with a milky tea
I ain't filthy rich but I'm filthy free
Early mornin' with a milky tea
'Cah I ain't filthy rich but I'm filthy free like

Filthy Free – Potter Payper resumed playing through the loudspeakers once Andre got back in his car and the Bluetooth connected automatically. His mum gave him a huge tub of curry goat to take with him, even though she had made him a portion of stewed fish just the day before. She had been spoiling him with food since he came out of hospital and would not take no for an answer. Andre felt like everyone around him was overreacting because he had only been in hospital for a few days, he had experienced flu symptoms that lasted longer. Trent told him a long time ago that there were some losses you have to take on the chin and move forward and Andre knew this was one of them.

He was finally able to sit down and have a conversation with Trent and he was not happy with the result. Trent understood why Andre did not want the situation to escalate any further, but he also felt he was being over emotional, questioned his ability to work and 'advised' him to take some time off. Andre was livid because he knew Trent was just being petty because he was unhappy that Andre refused to retaliate. He did not understand Trent's reasoning and honestly wondered if Trent was finally losing his mind. He got himself involved in a very technical situation for no reason and potentially put Andre and Breeze in a lot of danger. Instead of calming down, he wanted to do his worst.

Andre let out a deep breath and tried to focus on the positives. He had missed his car and missed being on the road, the arm sling had been removed and his arm was now only in a cast. The doctor advised him not to drive until the cast was off too but he was frustrated and restless and wanted to put the whole situation behind him. He could not let the attack hurt his ego because there was nothing he could have done to prevent it. Andre knew how to fight but he was no match against a group of guys attacking him from behind.

"Shit... this ain't Tizz!" was the only thing he heard before he passed out. Andre was strong but he was not invincible, and there was no way for him to defend himself in that situation. Once the attackers realised they did not find the right target, they ran off and left Breeze to find him on the floor with blood seeping from his head. When the assault occured, Andre and Breeze were on the way to meet Trent. Breeze went into a shop down the road to get food when they attacked Andre It was obvious how clueless the perpetrators were about their area - they referred to Trent by his old school street name, 'Tizz', which no one from their area actually called him anymore and if they knew exactly who they were looking for they would have known Andre looked nothing like him. But that was Trent's fault for recklessly involving himself in a situation that had nothing to do with them or their area.

He gritted his teeth and tried to calm down again, leaning further back into his car seat and warned himself to take his mind off things for his own sake. He had been with Shiloh every other day, but he hadn't seen any of his other boys as he was trying to lay low and heal. He daydreamed about Loco's EP release party, praying it would be a time where he could truly enjoy himself and let go of the stress his life was currently bringing.

A call came through on his phone and he glanced down to see 'Bleu' on the screen. He cursed out loud remembering that he was supposed to call her, after the emotional text she sent him a week prior.